• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mk48/18 Just Arrived

caliber1

Very nice rigs. Before someone else gets you, pretty sure your state is supposed to be under your avatar. That deuce is clean too. How does the MK drive?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I tried to fix the location thing but apparently I lack the required privileges. In his defense, his location is in his signature.

bdcgunroom

Thanks for keeping us Newbies out of trouble. Fixed my location. The Mk48 is fun to drive in a strait line but backing in tight quarters will require some practice, my visit to the crowded quick stop for fuel was an adventure. Did some flat ground off-roading in the field next to my store and feel a little more confident in stopping distances and turning radius. The articulation is not smooth, it only has about five positions and lurches between them at slow speeds. It certainly gets a lot of attention from other cars on the road. If anyone has uncovered the Op. Manual for the Mk18 trailer, let me know.

caliber1

No problem Brother. You have a sweet collection there. I couldn't imagine trying to back that thing up!! Wouldn't mind trying though. :driver:

Thanks for keeping us Newbies out of trouble. Fixed my location. The Mk48 is fun to drive in a strait line but backing in tight quarters will require some practice, my visit to the crowded quick stop for fuel was an adventure. Did some flat ground off-roading in the field next to my store and feel a little more confident in stopping distances and turning radius. The articulation is not smooth, it only has about five positions and lurches between them at slow speeds. It certainly gets a lot of attention from other cars on the road. If anyone has uncovered the Op. Manual for the Mk18 trailer, let me know.

bdcgunroom

I finally got a 20' container to haul around. Anyone know how to pick it up and get it to the point pictured above? Corner chains too short, no obvious way to use the winch. All help appreciated.

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beautiful piece of machinery. Looking forward to seeing what you will do with the new toy!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool that you got one. I had a guy who promised me one, so I passed on bidding when they came out, only to find that what he wanted to sell me at $10K turned into $25K for the power unit alone. I am not saying that price is not worth it, but I could have bid on them for less.

TreadLite

I finally got a 20' container to haul around. Anyone know how to pick it up and get it to the point pictured above? Corner chains too short, no obvious way to use the winch. All help appreciated.
Just wondering if you found any documentation on how to operate the trailer?

DrillerSurplus

Just wondering if you found any documentation on how to operate the trailer?
In case you hadn't seen it, here is an old thread that listed the TM numbers for the MK18 and MK18A1. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?92821-Oshkosh-MK48-MK18-containers

I haven't been able to find either of the two TM below and haven't seen any posts where someone has found them. If anybody has, please share.
  • TM 2320-10/11 Supplement 1 covers the MK48/48A1 with Mk18
  • TM 09470B-10/1 covers the MK48/48A1 with Mk18A1

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks