• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mk48 Death Hop?

BiffJ

I followed a Mk48 to a veterans day parade ( in a 923 ) and watched as he picked up speed. On the straight road I could see the rear of the truck starting to move up and down when his speed picked up but when he went around a turn or curve the bouncing would change. At one point I could see the truck rocking diagonally. The driver said he couldn't tell what direction things were going, just that it was bouncing a bit. . . .

Frank

RDUKW

Mine used to have the death wobble / hop. I just put 4 brand new tires on the power unit and now she runs as smooth as a 50,000 lb truck can ride. Also a friend who has many miles driving LVS's in the Marines told me to run 100 psi in all tires.

Ryan

Bolkbich

Ive had 2 sets of goodyear 16.00's. Both sets were brand new and they hopped. Ive had 3 (1 set with tubes)sets of michelin 16.00's...smooth as silk from 1 mph to 75+ mph (on a closed course with a professional driver of course). The funny part is the goodyears werent consistent, the wobble would get better and worse and at times i could almost make it go away by changing speeds.

Kayne

Speed changes heat. Heat changes pressure. Pressure changes tire behavior. Old Drag raceing metaphor. But Ive seen it on skidder and wheel loaders. Id try the higher pressure and see if that helps