• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mkt 90 contents value

wheelchairman

I'm looking at an mkt 90 to retrofit into a concession trailer for my bbq restaurant. It looks to be 100% complete. Couple questions.... do the bare trailers ever come for sale and if so how much? What are the contents worth? Thanks for any help. This is nothing I've ever dealt with.

Worth of an MKT's Contents

I'm looking at an mkt 90 to retrofit into a concession trailer for my bbq restaurant. It looks to be 100% complete. Couple questions.... do the bare trailers ever come for sale and if so how much? What are the contents worth? Thanks for any help. This is nothing I've ever dealt with.
Wheelchairman,
The answer to your question depends on what is actually in the trailer. Could range from a couple hundred bucks to thousands. In the end, whatever people are willing to pay for it is going to dictate the price. Hope this helps. If you open it up and PM me with a complete inventory, I could give you a much better idea.

John

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stripped trailers do come up occasionally but to give you an idea on the value differences lets look at 3 different trailers that sold this week. Trailer #1 was a MKT-85 that had all the burners, cables, pots/pans, Cambros, water cans, etc in Indiana and sold for $1840+fees. Trailer #2 was a MKT-99 that was loaded like #1 in GA and also sold for $1840+fees. Trailer #3, also an MKT-85, was missing pretty much everything except the cabinets (no burners, cables, pots/pans, water cans or anything) AND had the older style nylon travel covers (at least the sides) in TX and it sold for $1340+fees. A couple of weeks ago a bunch of MKTs sold in MS and were fairly well equipped and came with 2kw generators and sold between $1500 and $2500.

A burner will sell usually from $75-$150 each. There are 6 on a trailer so figure $450-$900 for those. The cables are getting like hens teeth so depending on how desperate someone is you can set your price. The invertor should fetch $100. There are usually 8 water cans at say $10 each or $80 total for those. Cambro food containers (6-8 per trailer) $25-$50 each depending on whether they have inserts. Cambro juice dispensers a bargain at $10 each. Pots/pans, utensils, knives, can openers, etc sell well at flea markets and yard sales.

Now would you prefer the $1340 stripped trailer or the $1840 loaded one?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Burners on fleabay start at $100 for working ones, inverters sell for $250-300, food containers that are in good shape will go for $75-125 to caterers, drink dispensers (complete) for $50, the 10 and 15 gallon pots with lids are at least $50, the square head pan with top retails for over $400 new - Coleman's Surplus had them a couple of years ago for $80 without the lid, and the rest of the pieces (cabinets) are either aluminum or stainless steel at .75 to $1 a pound as scrap.

wheelchairman

Sorry for being vague earlier.

It's got every MBU unit, it has no generator. Looks to have all the cables. It's got every pot, cabinet, nut bolt, stairs, dessert wrap on it with brand new green wrap in the cabinet. Bug screen in great shape. I don't know where the invertor would be. With it being a 24v MBU system, how do you check them for proper operation?

Last edited by a moderator:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Look for a thin cable with a big slave connector on one end it allows you to plug into any modern MV and power the burners with 24V from the MV, or hook up 2 12V batteries to make 24.

He must of got it last month a FT lost in the Woods at that price he isn't making any money off you.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for being vague earlier.

It's got every MBU unit, it has no generator. Looks to have all the cables. It's got every pot, cabinet, nut bolt, stairs, dessert wrap on it with brand new green wrap in the cabinet. Bug screen in great shape. I don't know where the invertor would be. With it being a 24v MBU system, how do you check them for proper operation?
The invertor is on the left side of the trailer in the cabinets. If it's somewhere that an ac outlet is available simple plug the pig tail hanging down from the GFI box on the front of the cabinet into an extension cord then turn it on. A little green light will come on the front of the invertor to show it's getting power. You can then try powering up the MBUs. They'll do the self test ok but if there isn't any fuel in them you'll get an error message. Only way to really test them is to add diesel.

61sleepercab

You seem to get MKT in three shapes BRAND NEW i have seen for $3500-4500 each sold to as high as $7,500.......BATTLE VETERANS SO SO CANVAS AND SOME STUFF $850-2000 each and then BARE BONES no usable canvas and missing lots of stuff $600-900. Most Gov Liquidation equipment is the best to purchase with no dealer markup but you just have to wait for the item to come up. Lockburn, Ohio and Oklahoma City, Okla has lots of the MKT contents. I bought new in the box complete utensil,pans and oven sets for $175.00 each, MBU burners for $100-150 sometimes still in ovens. The hard part is that the trailers do not have sinks as the Army used a sanitation set of sinks in a separate tent. Some people have set up another trailer with sinks to make the Health Department happy.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a sink of sorts under where the cutting board is. The basin there will hold barely five gallons, and there was an arrangement to suspend a five gallon water can over it to provide water. But there's no drain so it gets messy real quick. Plus it's small, which is why I built the FST-12 (Field Sanitary Trailer model of 2012) so we could do some real washing. Since I don't cook for the general public, the Health Department is not so picky.

wheelchairman

I'm going to go ahead and buy the unit. Part out what I don't need. I just met with our health inspector about my concerns and what is ok. I can make this work. Honestly, I think I'm going to strip it to bare trailer and build to suit. I hope to pick it up Wednesday so should know more then.

wheelchairman

Well got the trailer and it's not quite as complete as hoped. Think I've got 2 cables to daisy chain MBU units and it looks to be missing the invertor. Beyond this, it does have a MBU cable that looks to attach to the duece to get 24v power that way.

I've got an extra screen enclosure and a set of canvas both new! I'm real excited about this since I plan to keep it long term for the business.

Where do the water bags hang?