• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT as a Sanitation Trailer

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I have tried out the three sinks in my MKT which is home being cleaned up from the GA Rally. Sinks in the picture are sitting on the existing frame, which is about nine inches too high. But, as a proof of concept, it will work!

Attachments

thtrev2001

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok Mike, I've been waiting for a while for you to make this setup (so I can copy all your work, lol) What kind of sinks are those, where did you get them? I have a summer camp in June of next year, feeding about 100 Scouts,I really need to get the clean up MKT up and running. Heating the water and pumping in the fresh water seem to be the hardest things to do. If you don't mind sharing, what are your ideas. Remember, the most sincere form of flattery is imitation...lol. thanks

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
NICE! I was going to offer up a shop sink and a crude setup, but this will be nice for the next rally!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sinks

The sinks are from a military Field Sanitation Center (FSC - TM is on the USB drive), A bunch of them were sold last summer on GL. Gimpy picked up the four that I won there and delivered 'em to me at the GA Rally (Thanks Gimpy). I've purchased an empty MKT that will be converted to the FST (Field Sanitation Trailer) with the three sinks, a drainboard from an FSC, three (four) MBU's, a 35 gallon water tank, a grease trap, piping and a particulate filter, stainless wire shelving as drying racks and an M-59 range (the fourth MBU) for heating water for coffee and tea. I have some tan vinyl carry covers, roof canopies and screens so it will be distinct from the food cooking MKT.

More pictures will be added to this thread once the build begins!

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey mike, hows the hammer hangen...?

Do you need some custom fab work done...? There is a company here in Detroit called Sturdy-Built that makes custom Stainless Steel Restaurant Equipment. Let me know by drawing what you need and consider it done.
BTW the MKT looks good.:beer:

stampy

Water heating could be done with solar and a backup propane instant heater. 12v pump to pressurize the system (maybe mount a water tank high enough for gravity feed.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll be using the MBU's for heating water as we will only need about 600 watts (.6 kw) to run the inverter, with all the heat being generated by the common fuel (diesel) for the entire Emergency First Responder Feeding System (trucks, generators, and heaters).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another 'proof of concept'. Here are pictures of the Sinks setup with the plumbing to produce gray water. It is not glued together yet, and I plan on putting in some more rubber fittings so it can be taken apart when necessary. Pics show the whole setup from the back, then the detail of the particulate filter/grease trap, and finally pictures of the double particulate filters being used. The tall cone is first in the flow (to the right in the second picture) to get big particles, then the cloth filter to get smaller stuff. From there the greasy water flows into the grease trap proper and the gray water out the other end will be piped away. I know it's Rube Goldberg, but it works!

Attachments

goldneagle

Another 'proof of concept'. Here are pictures of the Sinks setup with the plumbing to produce gray water. It is not glued together yet, and I plan on putting in some more rubber fittings so it can be taken apart when necessary. Pics show the whole setup from the back, then the detail of the particulate filter/grease trap, and finally pictures of the double particulate filters being used. The tall cone is first in the flow (to the right in the second picture) to get big particles, then the cloth filter to get smaller stuff. From there the greasy water flows into the grease trap proper and the gray water out the other end will be piped away. I know it's Rube Goldberg, but it works!
I see a sanitation problem. Depending on the use of the sinks. In a restaurant it is against the sanitation code to have the sink drains tied together. Example: if you a washing veggies in one sink and dumping dirty water in the 2nd it could contaminate the food in the first if the drain got a restriction. We were required to run each sink drain into a BOWL type fitting that was connected to the rest of the plumbing. This way there was no way for the sinks to contaminate each other.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks