• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mkt cambro questions

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello all,

My mkt-99 has cambro plastic containers for both food and beverages....... I am trying to source some replacement gaskets and vent caps for both and have the following questions:

1) Are the military drink dispensers the equivalent of a cambro 500lcd in the commercial world-- if not, does anyone know their commercial model number?

2) Would anyone have a guess as to what the commercial equivalent model number would be for the cambro insulated food trays?

3) Do the military cambro food trays even have an outer lid gasket or do they only rely on the gaskets on the three stainless steel lids on the inner trays (I have eight food trays and none of the outer lids have a gasket around them)......

Thanks

Ziggy

AaronW

My plastic cambro has an outer lid seal. A white plastic cap from a small disposable propane bottle(stove or lantern size) works good as a vent cap.

MitchG

Ziggy, if you go to the Cambro site they can put you in touch with the nearest local distributor in your area. All the parts are still available. Are your Cambro's the ones with the steel latches, or do they have plastic? If you don't have any luck finding them locally let me or Mike know. Mike has the contact info for the dist he got is parts from and I have another dist's info as well.

MitchG

Oh yeah as for your questions'

1) The drink dispenser are equivalent to the 500LCD

2) The food containers are UPC160 for up to a six inch pan and UPC180 for up to an eight inch deep pan. I had some of each in the last batch I picked up. I think those are the numbers for the newer style that have the plastic latches. I think the older ones have the same last number but the letters are a little different. I'll check mine and let you know what they have on them.

3) The older steel latch style and some of the first gen plastic latch style have a seperate gasket in the lid. The newer style plastic latch type don't have gaskes. They have a couple of ridges that match up with the base to seal.

I've got a list of the latch, gasket and vent cover part numbers around here somewhere. I'll dig it up if you need any of them.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ziggy,

All the CAMBRO info is on the "MKT THUMB DRIVE" (which has it's own thread). The Military uses the 'polaware' 1/3 inserts with a sealing cover. The gaskets for those covers run a tad north of $21 each, although beltfed34 on e-bay had some packs of them in the spring of 2010 for a very reasonable bid (I asked, he's out). I got a bunch of the regular metal lids from Northern Pizza Equipment for $5 each (not so good for soup or other liquid foods) and I've paid about $10-15 each for the 1/3 pans (6 inch deep). If you can find a good deal on the Polaware gaskets (1/3 size) I can give GIP some of the correct Polaware metal lids at the GA Rally (think I have half a dozen or so) - sadly, they don't work without the gasket.

Download Product Catalogs Menu | Cambro
Food Service Smallwares | Polar Ware
Polar Ware 302G Replacement Gasket for model 302GC
Vollrath | Food Service Catalog
Edlund
NEMCO Food Equip - Home
CAL-MIL Single Airpot Stand with Condiment Dispenser | U.S. Plastic Corp.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks