• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT changing covers

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Passing on some tricks when installing the new roof canopies and the travel covers, esp the side ones.

1. Use some dishwashing liquid on the top edge (part that has the rope sewn in), getting it covered well. Next rain will wash it away.

2. Have Soldier "B" guide the top edge into the groove, or be prepared to tug a couple of inches, then go back to the start and 'push' it in a bit further, repeat, and repeat, and repeat. I can usually get the front and back on by myself, and about halfway on the sides before the push-pull technique needs to be used.

3. You may have to widen the channel a bit on units that have never had any replacements put on. I used a 3/4 inch cold chisel and a hammer. Ihe object is to just spread the opening in the channel a bit so the top edge will move. Flaring the end out a bit more also helps.

Now guess what I did this morning!