• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT pickup

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Yesterday I made it up to Knoxville, TN to pick up my Mobile Kitchen Trailer.
It was located at the Tenn Air National Guard base south of town.
I arrived about 10 am and the Guard guys had it sitting outside the Motor Pool gate ready for me to hook to. :)
I was using my son's Ford F150 4WD to pull it with. I had a special pintal hitch to keep the MKT from riding too low in the front and I had bought a set of 12 volt tow lights so I would be able to have brakelights/turn signals.
We hooked up with no problem and then Murphy came calling. :x
No matter what I did I had no lights back there. One of the guys ran me to the closest parts house to get another plug but still no worky.
Finally one of the mechanics got the problem solved (blown fuse and broken wire in the trailer harness) and I was homeward bound. [thumbzup]
I took the backroads so I wouldn't have to run interstate speeds.
Made it back in a few hours.
When i got in I had to check it out and see what I had.
It was pretty easy to set it up by myself and has four leveling jacks to keep it on an even keel.
Turns out this version had no stoves or grill in it, Just a lot of counter space and storage.
Mr. Murphy strikes again. :roll:
So now the MKT is out in the front yard with a "FOR SALE" sign on it.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh, I had a few of those stoves. "Blow Yourself Up Kits". Those gas fired burners set my friend's porch on fire when he tried to rebuild them.

Nice looking trailer, wreckerman! Looks a little big for the full-size pickup, but man that would be great for a chow hall at Aberdeen!

rhyne6262

I was talking with AMGeneral and he said that you would be interested in possibly selling this MKT. I am in need of one for tailgating at football games
Regards
Adam

jasonjc

Hey WM how bad was it to tow with the 1/2 ton pickup? I need too go get one. I'm debating on towing it with my Ram by itself or putting it on my flat bed trailer (with brakes).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A fully equipped MKT weighs 5700 pounds. WM has not had that MKT for over five years, we use mine at the GA Rally. If you can get the pintle high enough to keep the trailer (a modified M103/M105) level, towing it will be a little strain, but stopping will have a very high pucker factor.

jasonjc

I seen the date of this thread right after I posted, opps. I think I'm going to take my trailer that way I will have brakes and can balance the tongue weight.

61sleepercab

If you watch the GL sales or Ebay, there are lots of the ovens, pans and burners in the sales, usually in Oklahoma, Ohio, and Florida that I have see. I started with a trailer with no ovens or burners and slowly over about 6 months got enough stuff to outfit it, including brand new oven/pan/ utensils sets still in the boxes!!!!!