• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Power cords

ehoeft1

I might be asking or posting in the wrong place (sorry first post ever). My fire department recently aquired an mkt and it has everything inside except the 4 branch and 2 branch cables to hook up the mbu's. Does anyone know where to acquires some or have some made that will work. We do have the converter but are just missing the cables to actually make the burners function.

FSRD

I might be asking or posting in the wrong place (sorry first post ever). My fire department recently aquired an mkt and it has everything inside except the 4 branch and 2 branch cables to hook up the mbu's. Does anyone know where to acquires some or have some made that will work. We do have the converter but are just missing the cables to actually make the burners function.
I made my own. There was a guy that was selling the wire set on eBay but not sure if it's still there. I got a 14 gauge extension cord, cut, spliced and soldered it together wear it tees off to each burner so that I had a good connection, then I ran some electrical tape around it and put some heat shrink on. You can also use the handle dip that you can buy at Home Depot or Walmart in the paint department and coat your bare wires with that which makes a good seal. As far as the ends that Connect into the burner change out the fitting on the end with just a regular two prong house plug. Makes it way easier to use and cheaper to build. For the end that ties into the inverter check around the trailer cuz on the countertop side there's a receptacle and often times there's a wire that comes up out from underneath one of the cabinets that has the NATO plug end on it. You can cut that off and tie that into your extension cord Gizmo that you made for the burners so you can connect it into the power supply.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks