• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT Screens and Covers Thread

pitmaster t

I thought I'd make a thread posting some pictures of the screens and covers for my MKT. I know there is a lot of wisdom out there. Perhaps people can chime in.

For my usage, the most difficult thing for this one little guy to do by his lonesome was handle, roll inward and tie the thick, heavy carry covers. They also make the MKT look unsightly (not a concern in the field) for the public eye when they are rolled up on top of the roof.

They were quite easy to slide off (bet they are a bear to get back on).

I removed them for a few reasons; one is listed above. The others are, I will be using the tarpaulin the Mike suggested with a slight adjustment.... 10 foot by two foot carpet rolls attached to each other but capable of covering those rather abrupt corners and ridges on the roof line that would surely tear the tarp.

The other reason is they were (esp the nylon sides) about to turn into dust and I wanted them off for patterns (in Vinyl) for later. In addition, my fronts and rears were vinyl but getting stiffer and the threads were giving way son those need to be redone.

So basically as a time saver the carpet protectors go on the sides and the tarp comes off and on. I won't be traveling far with this so I am not worried about damage the other way (which I can tell in order to protect the canopies they need to really be rolled up carefully for storage.

pitmaster t

lol... ya know... everything seemed to be more clear when i took these pictures. i will be coming back with more pictures on the screens up and my cover project later.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks