• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT trailers

anjay22

There are many types of MKT trailers and I would like to know where I can find information on each and/or which one will be best for me and my family.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
When scrap aluminum was around 65 cents a pound they were great. A good 1500 lbs of just deck. I wanted one too at one time so I bought 7. Who wants to cook with diesel fuel though. They were good for military units with lots of fuel, lots of mouths to feed and lots of soldiers to set it up. A propane grill, small fridge with generator and a few igloo coolers do the job nice. I have seen the newer style kitchen trailer, though never a complete one. Those look a bit more practical.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The MKT series started with the 75 model and went up to the 99 model (about seven or eight different variants) and all the older ones that the Army was going to keep (and some it was not) were upgraded to the MKT-I version (six vent roof, 4 inch sidewall griddles, floor heating apparatus, florescent lighting, plastic ice bin, replace Mermites with CAMBRO, MBU burners, etc.). Unless you have an extensive family to feed they may not be right for you. Each one is designed to feed between 250-300 troops at a meal from scratch. Using the JP-8 (or much cheaper diesel) fuel they are noisy but very clean burning and the food gets no diesel taste or smell. I've cooked for the GA Rally the past six years off of mine, plus other events. There are several that have been put up for sale recently here in the classifieds at decent prices for what you are getting - look for them! If you want a year's worth of informational reading PM me for details on the MKT Thumb Drive (or find that old thread and read through it), which currently has over 3.4 GB of PDF manuals on it.

anjay22

I plan to move it around a lot. This is what I was thinking, I plan to put all of my camping gear in it when I go camping with the family. I had the idea to consolidate only the necesities for feeding the family and using the other unused space for storage.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am over in louisisana and i have one for sale in the classified section. i am also planing on going to the texas rally in march. i could bring it that far if you buy it. look at the pics and if you need any more pics just shout back.

pappa smerf

While the MKT can feed several hundred people, we use ours often in lieu of BBQing. The extra cooking space and places
for heating several items at a time works well. My daughter and daughter-in-law both like cooking in the MKT. It only takes 1-2 people to open or close it up. I do it and I'm 74 years old. ENJOY!

61sleepercab

I have pieced together a Mkt 85 trailer with all the equipment from ebay , govliquidtion.com . I found brand new field kitchen ovens complete with all utensils still in cardboard boxes new. Everything is built well and I am ready to test cook with the MBU heaters this spring. The MKT with side wall canvas makes for a roomy tent trailer. I thought that the trailer would make a good tent camper by itself. I would suggest buying a trailer with the best canvas you can find as I have not seen any canvas surplus. Check out youtube on Mkt trailer or field kitchen for films of trailers in use. Have fun Mar

anjay22

My camping gear is stored in a 105 if I have to split but on the other hand, I will switch over what i need to the mkt when I go out for the weekend and set up camp and obviously use the mkt for food prep and cooking for the masses who come with me. That is the plan. As for the Texas rally, I may see you there.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It only takes 1-2 people to open or close it up. I do it and I'm 74 years old. ENJOY!
I have quite regularly opened and closed up my MKT's by myself. It takes longer than when I have a crew of four or five to help. If you are not carrying a full complement of food and drink containers there would be plenty of room to carry camping supplies. For groups less than 25 people I would suggest leaving the GI ice box behind and replacing it with one or two of the 150 quart plastic coolers from Sam's. Also gives you more room for your camping supplies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks