• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT85 Pickup at Mechanicsburg, PA

CGarbee

Guys, my EUC for a MKT85 (kitchen trailer) came though on Friday so I've not got fourteen business days to get it off the yard at PA, Cumberland, Mechanicsburg...

Anyone going by that could snag it and hold it for me until I can get up from NC? Or, if that doesn't work, anybody have anything that they would like for me to remove when I make the road trip up there??

Obviously (to me at least), I'm looking for somebody between NC and PA since I'm located in Raleigh.

Thanks.

spicergear

I'm not sure the size of that kitchen trailer but i saw in another post that some guys may be heading past there to Gilbert. I can't grab anything big right now but if you can put a favor on credit with someone you can stage that thing at my farm as long as you need. I'm 40 mins NE of Mechanicsburg off of 322. All highway 'cept the last 5 miles.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
maddawg308 said:
I am heading past there, but I am bringing a trailer back from PA, so my pintle is already taken. Sorry....
That's no excuse, MD. You can haul two trailers at once.... :p

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup - but neither my M105 trailer frame I am bringing home, or the MKT trailer, have a rear mounted pintle. So, no double-daisy chain for me...

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
acetomatoco said:
Whaddayalldo for license plates...???
I'm putting the M105 (that I am picking up fri) on my equiptment trailer for it's ride home, via Gilbert.

McCrackin

MKT OD Green?

Does anyone know where I can get a new set of side covers for a MKT 85...Oh and what is the correct color code for the exterior paint, someone mentioned 24087 but not sure

m109guy

Does anyone know where I can get a new set of side covers for a MKT 85
Sadly that is made of unobtainium. Extremely rare to find a new set. One of our MKT's came with a new set installed, but the second MKT is stuck with its old, faded and cracking cover set. Doubt we will find one. But we do have another spare set which is in so-so shape, but is better than nothing for a backup set.

You will find that most things on an MKT are made of unobtainium (ie. pretty much impossible to find).

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
McCrackin,

Post some pictures of your unit! is it a six or twelve vent roof, upgraded for the MBU's, etc?

Canvas for MKT's is very hard to come by, especially since there are so many pieces. Carry Cover - right side, left side, front, back, all different. Roof Canopy - original canvas, green vinyl, tan vinyl, two pieces but exactly alike but no mix and match between canvas and vinyl. Walls - two side, four end (small and large), in canvas or vinyl (green or tan). Screens - two wall and four end - just like the walls. Cold Weather Skirt - only in green vinyl, but comes as both a one-piece, and as two pieces. I won an auction at Warner-Robins over a year ago that had a bunch of tan stuff in it, but does NOT have a full set of carry covers. PM me about other things related to MKT's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks