• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MKT's in Ohio

rwbrown72

Did anyone preview the MKT's from this week in Ohio? I bought one and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. I did not preview and would like to know if there is anything inside and the general condition of the trailer. Thanks for the help!

Russell

P.S. Anyone want to bring it to Illinois?

Stagg

Do you have a link to the trailer? The pictures will still be up for the rest of us to eye-ball, if you have the actual link.

PS. I'm hoping to make a trip from Dayton to Kansas City, sometime before Nov. It will be my last trip before the Army gets me into Basic, I've already started making a pile of stuff for some MVPA guys in KC.
I may have an open pintal hook available, and experience hauling (loaded) MKTs.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKT's that just ended ranged from stripped out to fairly complete. Exactly which one did you win? That will tell us a lot more than your somewhat nebulous post. Green_Gator got a good one from what we can tell in the pictures.

rwbrown72

My MKT had a really nice canvas and the top look to be in great shape. That is all I know. I was hoping someone would tell me there are some things inside.

rwbrown72

Do you have a link to the trailer? The pictures will still be up for the rest of us to eye-ball, if you have the actual link.

PS. I'm hoping to make a trip from Dayton to Kansas City, sometime before Nov. It will be my last trip before the Army gets me into Basic, I've already started making a pile of stuff for some MVPA guys in KC.
I may have an open pintal hook available, and experience hauling (loaded) MKTs.
I would seriously like to have you haul it if your coming through this way. What kind of truck are you using?

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MKT 99 should be the updated version. But again, ya never know until ya unwrap that baby what ya got.

Seriously short on pix of that one. BUT if your karma is strong, you will probably have a pretty nice rig. But that's strictly a guess.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I will be recovering Walter's mkt, I can pull yours off base to a storage lot till you find shipping for it. I can also peer in and let you know what its got.

rwbrown72

I will be recovering Walter's mkt, I can pull yours off base to a storage lot till you find shipping for it. I can also peer in and let you know what its got.
That would be great if you could look inside. I will probably just come and get it myself. I might just bring my 818 and pull it back with that. Let me know what you think of the condition. Thanks for the help.... Steel Soldiers rules!

Russell:grd:

hdexpert

I was in the lot previewing other items and I took a quick look at the MKT's. They were buttoned up pretty good so no idea what's inside. I do know the canvas cover has a seam splitting in the front.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
While the pictures were skimpy, what they showed was very good! Six vent roof and dark carry covers (meaning they are probably the new vinyl ones). Almost all of the old nylon ones are faded out, stiff and prone to cracking or tearing when disturbed.

PM me for my address to send a thumb drive to and I'll fill it with more information than you can read in a month (see MKT Thumb Drive Contents thread). That way you will be ready to use the MKT when you get it!

Green_gator

Russell,
Glad to see that one of the other ones went to a fellow steel soldier. I won lot 5550 in the same auction. Now if someone else got 5551 we ended up with all three of the "good" ones from the auction.

rwbrown72

Russell,
Glad to see that one of the other ones went to a fellow steel soldier. I won lot 5550 in the same auction. Now if someone else got 5551 we ended up with all three of the "good" ones from the auction.
It is interesting how far and wide this group of guys travels! I spoke to Gimpyrobb this morning. What a super guy he is! I look forward to learning how to operate this thing and keep my eyebrows! Now for the EUC game! I've had several clear in the last couple of months, so mine shouldn't be an issue. (Knocking on my head because it is made out of wood.) I can't wait to get it home and see what is inside. Christmas a little early!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is interesting how far and wide this group of guys travels! I spoke to Gimpyrobb this morning. What a super guy he is! I look forward to learning how to operate this thing and keep my eyebrows! Now for the EUC game! I've had several clear in the last couple of months, so mine shouldn't be an issue. (Knocking on my head because it is made out of wood.) I can't wait to get it home and see what is inside. Christmas a little early!

You sure we're talking about the same gimpyrobb here???? The one I know is a total jerk :lol:.

No seriously, Gimpy is one of those guys who would give you the shirt off of his own back if you needed it.

nattieleather

A little off topic, but I had an MKT once that was well stripped out exept it did have one set of steel cabinets and the Iron Griddle. So I put some cheep wood kitchen cabinets in per the book with counter top and modified a couple of old filed stoves to run on propane and even put a couple of turkey fryer propane burners in under the gridle and that thing worked really well. Finially sold it to some guys in NY. after I sold my duce and had nothing to pull it with. My point being that even if your missing items, there are alternatives to make it work.

Stagg

I would seriously like to have you haul it if your coming through this way. What kind of truck are you using?
I have an M35a2. I bought it for fun and ended up using it for our re-enactment weekend called Eastwind.
This spring we ran out of trucks, so I got stuck dragging our groups MKT-99 halfway across Missouri. Turns out they track behind a deuce really well... and even push sometimes too! Just at the wrong moments :p
I learned my lesson when ours tried to push me into a soggy ditch. After that I drive smarter, and haven't had any problems since.

If Gimpy recovers it, then half your battle is over. And, God willing, if I have time for one more trip, I'd be glad to tow it out to you. I have a buddy in Farmington, MO, so you are not really out of the way (at least not when traveling at 55 MPH)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks