• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mntsnow's recovery and building of The Beast

MtnSnow

Here is the truck I'm getting. Needs front tires inflated. Currently arranging for transportation of it as I'm leaning towards just having it hauled to me. As such I could use (and willing to compensate) loadout help from Fontana next week. But it starts, runs smoothly and drives in the video so getting it onto the hauler should be pretty easy. I'm stoked. This will go good with our mountain property and will be great at some of our local car/truck shows

Attachments

Last edited:

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the 5 ton club nice truck.
When you get it you might want to move those flats to the rear.

MtnSnow

Thanks for the welcome and Yes they will be immediately moved to the rear most position upon arrival and I have a lead on a couple of spare tires locally as well :)

MtnSnow

Yep that's what I'm guessing from 700 miles way. Hopefully it will be a easy fix. worse case I'll just do away with the ctis and just use a gladhand

Bighurt

Yep that's what I'm guessing from 700 miles way. Hopefully it will be a easy fix. worse case I'll just do away with the ctis and just use a gladhand
Personally I don't think CITS is really necessary in the civi sector. I would just take disable it and never look back.

Gladhand hose is one option, we had a few trucks with air chucks on the tanks. It's not authorized but very effective. We had one glad hand fitted hose and about 30 others...just made sense. I plan to do something similar but mounted somewhere cleaner neater and out of the elements.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Be very careful removing the CTIS to change the tires. Many of the parts are made of "unobtanium" and would be hard to find on short notice out in the field. They are brittle and break easily if that 500 pound tire bangs up against them. We had to call a guy to change a CTIS tire at Redstone last year. The tire tech that came out said that if we hadn't been there to give instructions he would not have even tried to change the tire.

MtnSnow

That makes me even more likely I will just have it trucked then.. Worse case they can load it with the flats and I'll just deal with it here at home.

Piper Cub

Personally I don't think CITS is really necessary in the civi sector. I would just take disable it and never look back.

Gladhand hose is one option, we had a few trucks with air chucks on the tanks. It's not authorized but very effective. We had one glad hand fitted hose and about 30 others...just made sense. I plan to do something similar but mounted somewhere cleaner neater and out of the elements.
Another option is an air hose off a M105 trailer with a female quick connect put on the non gladhand end to make a short adapter hose. The threads on the hose and the quick connect are the same.

Gunzy

Mike, leave it solid green, that's different. Oh, and I would probably get rid of the CTIS as it can be problematic. Nice truck. When you get ahold of me next week you'll have to let me know what you got it for and shipping cost. Great score though.

jesusgatos

I think you guys are all crazy for disabling the CTIS! We've probably had about 15 A2's now and not had a problem with any of them. Sure, 4-5 have had a few small/slow leaks when we picked them up, but we haven't even had to dismount a single tire to fix any of them. Seems like a pretty reliable system so far, and it's having the ability to air-up/down on-the-fly is awesome. Someone made a comment about it being unnecessary, and maybe not, but it sure is nice!

Bighurt

Someone made a comment about it being unnecessary, and maybe not, but it sure is nice!
I made a similar comment, and clearly there are motives for and against.

If I was making an expedition rig, where I'd be in the middle of no where, on trails where airing up and down was necessary than sure. But my trucks park in front of my shop with 100's of airline feet and and return everynight. They also live on pavement and maintained dirt roads. Your situation maybe necessary, clearly the use depicts the need.

MtnSnow

Well the CTIS seems to be working. (Paul) my hauler who has transported a bunch of these trucks said both of my front tires were deflated as it was probably doubled on the same step-deck trailer when it was hauled to Fontana as he was able to air them right back up with his glad-hand and they were still holding air and were fuller after I ran the truck today when he dropped it off to me this afternoon.

I'll give you a holler soon Gregg. I did ok on the transport costs and I'm very pleased with what I paid for the truck including fees and taxes.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks