• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO OK AR KS TX rally

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes.. those North of Houston could stage at an apporpriate locations and join as you come through. It's a long drive to the park, convoy woud be good for safety.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ninja, let me know and we can start planning on running up. What side of town are you on?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey jason, any updates or proposed dates? we could sort of check our calendars and be ready to pay and reserve the park . I see we could use a few more MV's!!

jasonjc

As far as I know the plan is for the weekend of Sept 29-30. It's a open weekend so it does not matter how many we have. Just have to pay at the gate. No hook up camping is free I belive. I'm planing to go there next mouth and to recon frist hand and report back.

jasonjc

I plan to keep bumming this to the top evey few weeks and more offten as the time gets closer. Does anyone have any ideas of what to do???? I know trail rides, shoot the sh*t.???????

gbooth

I plan on leaving after work on Friday I get off at 3:00 pm I think it will be around a 3 hour drive down. Can we get in on Friday? I will drive the Duce and drag my M38A1 on my trailer Use it for the trail rides But I really only want easy trails I am not into Mud bogging or rock crawling just some nice trails Yes I know wimpy But I don't want to tear up any equipment.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same sentiments here, might want to ride along for some bogging, but can't mess up the top-heavy commo truck. I'd be almost as happy to throw up some antennas and do the MILCOM thing at base camp in the evening. A Friday entry by an advance party sounds good too.

Maybe they'd let us have our own AO/cantonement area sort of slightly away from the masses? might be good so we could have some control over our physical security etc. Just thinking, alot of people have good money invested and things could come up missing.

Can you see if they allow generator sets? I'm an old fart and gonna need to run the a/c for September!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a map and some rules, but they seem to conflict about ATVs. Please inquire.. Might need the ATV to go potty or to the store or something and it's a biiiig place! (seriously I will likely park the truck and erect a couple antennas!)

On the page:
http://www.dday4x4.com/rules_info.htm
they say:
Open Park Weekend Pricing:
Non-Members
$25.00 / weekend for Jeeps (includes up to 4 family members as riders)
$15.00 / weekend for AVTs (includes 1 ATV & Rider)

but on this page which is a map, they say no ATVs.
http://www.dday4x4.com/images/trails.jpg

jasonjc

I will check on that. I was thinking it was only at the big events that they did not want little kids on little atv. When the trail are packed with big truck. I will check on that and on the firday night show up setup. Anything esle?????

davesgmc

We could make a a swap meet type tihng too? If anyone has any extra parts, etc. Bring it along to sell to other members/people.

I would love to bring the ferret down for this, but may not have a way to transport it at the time. Any ideas here guys?

davesgmc

Hey, another idea here. How about rewards or something for different categories? Like longest distance driven to meet, most vehicles brought to meet, largest vehicle brought, most parts broken during trip/ stay??? things ilike that. Oh I sure hope I wouldnt be the one to win the last one!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MVPA convention (2002) there was an informal "duct tape award".. given to someone who had to do a repair along the way. A good foundation's been laid by Dave: So what would the rewards be for these monumental achievements? How about everyone bring some spare something or other, does not have to be too valuable or anything. put them on a table and each winner gets to pick.

longest distance driven to meet

most vehicles brought to meet

largest vehicle brought

"duct tape award"

best trail performance

best "stuck"

best recovery!

best camp food (mmmm.. MRE's... )

deuce drag racing ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks