• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MO OK AR KS TX rally

gbooth

Being that time is getting closer, for those of us that have cell phones do we want to PM somebody close (Jason) with our phone numbers so that if you have a breakdown you could let people know that you will be late or not at all, Just a thought.

jasonjc

That sounds like a good idea to me. If any one whats to call me send me a pm for the number.

T minus 28 days and counting......

BigJay

Thinkin about putting an OD green rattlecan finish on my suburban... I'm on the fence though.. I'm affraid it might come out looking junky... How many cans do you think it would take to cover an old suburban? And how hard is it going to be to paint over the chrome? Never done that before.

-Jay

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
to make paint stay on chrome, you will have to rough it up. Chrome is very hard. There may be a special primer paint or treatment to prepare the chrome. Maybe a good hardware store can suggest it? Another option might be to use an industrial coating such as that used to dip tool handles in, the liquid rubber stuff. It would not so much stick to the chrome but if you were able to paint the whole thing enough to encapsulate it, it might last a while. Just throwing some thought out there.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ACHTUNG !!

The D-Day park has scheduled some kind of ATV rally on September 28-30, the "Fall ATV Rally".

This does not bode well for us getting to any kind of power supply nor occupying in force any AO.

So will we be running over ATVs on the trails and having to post guards to keep sticky little hands out of our stuff?

Yes! The buggers will steal everything that s not nailed down.

IIRC reading the message boards alot of things from handheld radios to ATVs go 'missing' there during such infested activities! Avast! prepare to be boarded! Shields up! Whos' bringing the concertina wire and the 40KW generator?

jasonjc

I just seen this too :x :x Do we want to stay with "plan A" or go to a "plan B"????????????????????????

Has any one seen any concertina wire on GL lately????

I call and talk to some there this morning and he was not much help the boss is in Chaina and will be back Fri or Sat. and is going to call me?
At least you can have some fun with your ATV.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, but I would do that anyway. I don't want to dodge little kiddies on ATVs and I seen pu-lenty of ATV accidents when a place like that gets crowded. They show off, ride too fast, and yes the 9 year old on the 400CC ATV will hurt you or run themselves under your truck possibly scratching the paint. I do not mean to be negative, but we could find ourselves with all kinds of restrictions for safety sake. I'm not tossing my chit out the window, but sure, what is plan B?

BigJay

I don't know ANYTHING about this place... just heard that it exsists and shouldn't be that far away... Byrd's Adventure Center in Cass, AR

I too have been around kids on ATVs and I do not enjoy it. Still looking forward to meeting you all though.

-Jay

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clayton OK? just throwign out ideas..

modubie (SP??) widllife management area

Clayton Off Road Trails
Surrounding area
Clayton, OK
Phone:
918-569-7981
ask for Gary
phone hours: 8a to 9p
has 7 RV sites in a group, of which 6 have electricity $15 per nite w elec. $8 without (tent camping etc)
beer and BBQ is allowed if'n he gets some..

Forest filled with off-road trails suited for every vehicle type. Public and private 4x4 areas offer enough trails to last for several weeks of wheeling. Some of the best four wheeling areas in the country are available around the Clayton area. Alternate contacts: Sardis Lake 918-569-4131 or Clayton Chamber 918-569-4367.

also see here about clayton- -jeep folks go there..
http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum_php/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=family_ohv_rec_areas

I have asked for GPS data, the user "tulip" has mapped it.
OK Not trying to steer anyone anywhere, just thinking and doing some research.

jasonjc

I was afraid somthing would go wrong aua Not shure a plan "B" . How bought some other ideas , places , dates?????????? The last thing that I went there for did not have much of a trun out, don't know how many will trun out for this thing???

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the last thing you went there for?

If it were entitled anything but "fall ATV rally" it wouldn't be so worrisome. Well maybe if you can call again later get aholt of the 'boss" (in China?!?!?) they might have some redeeming info.

Here are some resources.. but all require ROPS.. hmm.. looks like state land.
http://www.travelok.com/trails/4x4.asp

jasonjc

It was some kind off rock crawler thing and they only had like 10-15 truck/jeep. They do a lot of paint ball stuff , maybe it all made in Chaina. Ever thing eles is.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The webmaster of the Trailchasers jeep club in OK came up wth these suggestions:

[][]
Disney, Ok. may be an alternative but I'm not sure about the roll bar requirements. I think Hogans would be able to accommodate your vehicles. I'm not sure about getting a 6x6 on the trails though, most are tight, so there may not be much for you to do there.

The only other thing I can think of would be Ft. Sill if the base commander would allow such a thing? We used to wheel down there before 9/11 and there's some great extreme sight seeing (6x6 in your case) to be had. There's a state park close by so camping should be available (not sure about accommodating your size of vehicle's though).
[][]

just some info. When it comes down to it, we could just go to D-Day amidst the ATVs and deal with it.

davesgmc

well, I am out, if they are doing some ATV thing at d-day I certainly wont be make a days drive down for that. Count me OUT

davesgmc

well, after the last wheeling adventure and body work, it kinda discourgaes any off orading trips....aww heack,,,,why not?? thats what these thigns were built for! I can always repait, bang out dents, weld, etc,,,come on up to KC and we will take it out in the back woods, through some stuff that might get a duece stuck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks