• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mo1028 lift pump replacement

Oldsouthernboy

I want to thank all the people who posted on lift pump replacement. I found a fuel leak saturday while out in the truck. I ordered a replacement that afternoon and it arrived this morning at 9 am. I had pulled the old pump saturday afternoon, I started the replacement this morning. I made good use of the dam tool many times, also used all my elbow adapters, colorful and choice words. plus I only used 2 hours to get the new pump installed. The truck had been a little hard starting and had started dieing after starting. I having to bleed the system to get fuel to the IP I found out several things. on A cucv Nothing is as easy as the book says. Be prepared to spend time in awakward postions, I have no lift so i parked in a ditch to be able to reach the lift pump with some ease. After installing and bleeding the system I have found the truck runs a lot less noisy, starts very easy having a full fuel system helps. To future lift pump replacemnt projects, I will use a mechanic and let him all the fun. That is unless I become a glutton for punishemnt or to cheap like I am now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks