• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moblity SPEARR trailer made by Garrett Container

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got this gem off GL at the SeaBee base in Gulfport for the Boy Scout Council I work for as we wrecked our enclosed trailer we used for general purposes.

This trailer was originally used for medical purposes by the Air force's SPEARR teams- Small Portable Expeditionary Aeromedical Rapid Response.

It is designed to fit a 463L airlift pallet and I think that is the reason it has the slanted side so two can be side to side in a large transport. Notice the cables on all 4 corners so it can be hoisted by helicopter. It also has massive tiedowns on the bottom off all corners rated at 20,000 lbs!

Each corner will also accept a jack like the one on the tongue so the trailer can be lifted off the wheels and leveled. This one only came with 2 instead of the 5 it supposed to have.

Not sure on what is supposed to be the prime mover as the trailer is 12v. Standard 12v oval sealed tail lights and the wiring is standard 7 pin flat rv connector. There is a socket at the front of the chassis and it had a long cord plugged in with 2 male rv connectors. It is equipped with electric brakes with a 12v battery in a small plastic box next to the rv plug. ( need the cover if anyone has one or knows where to get just the cover). I am speculating that is to be towed by a fmtv as that is the only truck I now that is 12v lighting and has a connector in the back? Does an fmtv have electric brake controller?

Standard 8 lug cucv/m101a2 wheel but different sized tire at LR265/R75/16 "E" Crazy high mounted spare goes on the front right corner. Looks like standard commercial electric brakes and axle/hubs. No parking brakes which I found unusual since it is a heavy trailer empty 2400lbs- much heavier than m101. Real long hd safety chains with nice latch hooks but too big for normal towing hook up. Tires looked like 95-98%. I don't think this trailer rolled any kind of mileage.

Front lockable tool box is supposed to hold a socket set and a 2inch ball coupler since the A frame has an adjustable set up and the coupler can be quick changed. Mine did not have one but some of the other ones at Gulfport had 2 inch couplers instead of Lunnette. Front A frame is bolted to the main frame with 4 bolts on each side. I am guessing the A frame can be removed for space purposes to airlift? Missing 2 bolts but I will fix that pronto.

This bad boy was last used as an armory and had 5 m12 rifle racks (one missing but clearly had been bolted in before). Nice bonus. We are going to see if it fits our .22 and shotguns at camp. If not, they will be listed on SS classifieds in the future.

Trailer is wired inside for 110 with an external plug on the back left side an internal gfi outlet. No lights inside but easily added as there is a junction box on each corner. Had a battery operated dome light. ( missing lens if anyone has one)

Some other ones I saw had hatch doors on either side. Some were even marked "emergency exit". Hope it was not a big dude :-( as I don't think he would fit......

Front had 2 Fuel/water can holders with horizontal and vertical straps. There was 2 straps over the tool box at an angle and could not figure what they were for? Still tied together and faded like they had never been used.

Notice how tan carc fades to yellowish sand color? Check out where the spare tire goes to see color fading.

This trailer is tall and wide. A frame is longer than normal. Check out pics next to m101a2 for reference. Tows nice. A little bumpy on bad surface. Will have to check out to see if it has shocks?

I have also attached a parts list from Mfg. I can not find a TM. If anyone can help me id the tm or nsn number I would be grateful. No nsn listed either on Gl description. Gl invoice listed it as a 3/4 m101. (not)

Attachments

kawkev

Nice!! I thought about bidding on one but couldn't get time to go look them over. Can you stand up inside?? How tall is it inside? What you gonna do with the rifle racks?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talk about a back breaker, putting the spare tire on its holder or takin it off! Ouch

Stenciled on the a frame and under the carrier "two man lift"

Taking it off; I think will be a gravity drop :)

I need to go find a spare rim out of a junkyard and I am not looking forward to putting that puppy up there!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice!! I thought about bidding on one but couldn't get time to go look them over. Can you stand up inside?? How tall is it inside? What you gonna do with the rifle racks?

Yes, you can definitely stand up. They are tall trailers. I am 5'7 and there is plenty of room. I had done a drive by in June when I did a pick up but did not look inside. I wanted a solid side with no hatches and there was only a few like that. The racks were a bonus but of the 3 I was watching, This one was the cheapest. There was a solid green one that had nicer paint but went I think $200 higher.

The racks "hopefully" will fit the .22 & 20G + 12G shotguns we have at camp. Looking for a more secure and lockable solution. If they do not fit, I will list them here. Would you like to be first on the list?

Hopefully, you can make the rally! :)

kawkev

Yes, you can definitely stand up. They are tall trailers. I am 5'7 and there is plenty of room. I had done a drive by in June when I did a pick up but did not look inside. I wanted a solid side with no hatches and there was only a few like that. The racks were a bonus but of the 3 I was watching, This one was the cheapest. There was a solid green one that had nicer paint but went I think $200 higher.

The racks "hopefully" will fit the .22 & 20G + 12G shotguns we have at camp. Looking for a more secure and lockable solution. If they do not fit, I will list them here. Would you like to be first on the list?

Hopefully, you can make the rally! :)

Yeah, I may definately be interested in one if you decide to get rid of them. If you're refering to Tim's rally, I have to see when it's scheduled for. If I'm not working, I'll try to be there for sure. I've had 0 time to work on my deuce or my "Camping Trailer".

If this trailer doesn't suit your needs, I still have the M105 trailers with the metal enclosure. I will let one go for a decent price since it's for a good cause. I was a scout years ago and had a great time at it!!

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I may definately be interested in one if you decide to get rid of them. If you're refering to Tim's rally, I have to see when it's scheduled for. If I'm not working, I'll try to be there for sure. I've had 0 time to work on my deuce or my "Camping Trailer".

If this trailer doesn't suit your needs, I still have the M105 trailers with the metal enclosure. I will let one go for a decent price since it's for a good cause. I was a scout years ago and had a great time at it!!
Thanks for the kind offer but I think this will do. We needed something tow-able by a pup or suv. We will never put more than maybe 1000lbs in it if that. More for general hauling. This is probably more trailer than we need but the price was right. We had an insurance settlement but also had a high deductible.

If the M-12 racks do not fit, you are first in line!

Tim's rally is the weekend of April 26. I hope you can make it. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks