• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mod 1025 laninated windows

defenzebrent

Looking for replacement sidewindow for my M1025....rear driver's side window has started to delaminate and large portion is frosted now. Any idea on ballistic rating of these types of windows on a 1025 versus the kevlar door panels that are protection from fragments and not bullets. Were any door panel upgrades put together to stop small arms fire before they introduced the true "up armored" Hummers?
Defenze

ClarkeF

The early "supplemental armor" added layers of armor over the basic x-door and thicker plates in the sills, rear area and hood. Supposedly it provided basic small arms protection (not just frag) but I've never found a rating of the protection. No way it's stopping a .50 but I could see it stopping pistol or maybe non-AP rifle fire.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just get a new piece cut from tempered glass, will last a life time instead of gettin scratched and delaminated in the future...take the old piece with you to the shop.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks