• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modded M1009s? (auction is finaly over)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The prices were amazing.

Sure were some nice looking cucv's there.

2200 miles one way though, I refrained.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I NEVER believe the odometer on ANY truck from the mid-80s showing less than 25K miles. On a rare occasion, the miles are correct and lower than that, but often the odometer has turned over at least once. 2200 miles on a 25 year old truck? Hard to believe. I would need to see pics of things like the underside and motor. Even then...still hard to believe. I once had a 1987 M1028 with 7K miles on it. Well, that truck had the paperwork and service records from when it was new so it was verifiable. Without that, 102K is as likely, and probably more likely, than 2K. Something to consider...

91W350

Along that same line, the wear on the steering wheel, brake and accelerator pedal are give aways for miles driven. I have seen 40,000 mile trucks that about had that groove in the steering wheel worn flush... 140,000 or 240,000... I just got hosed on a Blazer, it is a nice enough truck, but it had an odometer swap. Mine has a million mile odometer instead of a 100K odometer. It says 3,000 now, but I am guessing more like 30-40K. The spring eye bushings and shocks are also good indicators of high miles. Glen

ABN173

Nice trucks!!

Oh in response to the mileage comments personally when I am looking to buy a cucv I look at the overall condition but for the odometer I look for between 60-75k I figure odds are pretty good it is accurate rather than a roll-over.

Dale

todds112

I bid on one, but couldn't watch the auction until the end. Outbid by $25.00.:roll:

Can't believe they had Yokohama tires on them. Civi front bench seat. Interiors looked really clean. Nerf bars, roof racks.

Had the same questions: Why were these built?

Couldn't tell how they were actually lifted. And why did they take off thee grill guards?

L.Gaston

I NEVER believe the odometer on ANY truck from the mid-80s showing less than 25K miles. On a rare occasion, the miles are correct and lower than that, but often the odometer has turned over at least once. 2200 miles on a 25 year old truck? Hard to believe. I would need to see pics of things like the underside and motor. Even then...still hard to believe. I once had a 1987 M1028 with 7K miles on it. Well, that truck had the paperwork and service records from when it was new so it was verifiable. Without that, 102K is as likely, and probably more likely, than 2K. Something to consider...
Its not that hard to believe. We bought a 1974 Chevy K20 long bed stepside from a fire department, in 2008, that had 8600 original miles... That's right, 8600. All service records showed that this mileage was correct.

M1075

Yeah, I agree with you. In this case, I think Doghead was simply saying it was 2200 miles one way for him so he did not bid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks