• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modern Russian Army in the photos.

USSR

"Multifunctional fighter Su-30MKI Indian Air Force clears spectacular volley bomb load of 26 high-explosive bombs FAB-250 caliber 250 kg during a demonstration exercise" Iron Fist-2016 "in the Indian range Pokran March 18, 2016.3048156_original.jpgoriginal.jpg

Another Ahab

That's great; dad-and-daughter!

The young lady is a good sport; you can see those aerial acrobatics are stressing her out (as they would anybody unaccustomed to them), but she still manages a smile. She's made of good stuff!

It was kind of hard to tell, but they're sitting back-to-back right?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are sitting tandem, she is in the front seat, he is behind her. Both facing forward.

Last edited:

USSR

That's great; dad-and-daughter!

The young lady is a good sport; you can see those aerial acrobatics are stressing her out (as they would anybody unaccustomed to them), but she still manages a smile. She's made of good stuff!

It was kind of hard to tell, but they're sitting back-to-back right?
Yes, it's a tandem flight.
Aero L-39 Albatros
1374124727_82_main.jpg

Another Ahab

Congratulations to all of Victory in World War II.
Yes, USSR, congratulations back at you.

Soviet Russia was our enemy during the Cold War, so the story of the Soviet "miracle" at Stalingrad (the beginning-of-the-end for Nazi Germany), was never told here in the U.S. (and still isn't; not really).

I only learned about it myself from some recent reading over the last couple of years. The Battle of Stalingrad; that was heavy lifting. Thank you.

And my hats off even to the men of The Sixth Army of General Paulus. Men in uniform; they don't start the wars, just do their duty. I was one of them once. I wish we had a world without war, but we don't.
So, congratulations, Comrade. Nostrovia! :beer:

Another Ahab

PS-

That first video of the commemoration gathering in Lafayette Square in front of the White House must be from last year (or earlier):

- We haven't seen real sunshine here in about 3 weeks :shrugs:

The good news is that there's nobody here complaining about any drought.

Another Ahab

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks