• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modified M105A2

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys. I have had brakes fail on a couple gooseneck a that were 4K lb empty. It's not a nice feeling. I have towed my Water Buffalo, full, many many times hauling water to the ranch. You just can't get careless and tailgate a smart car, or he will wind up as a hood ornament.

2800lbs is manageable, just to get it home. Not overly concerned, but, reasonably cautious.

So, here is another question. How difficult is it to pull the box off one of these. I have thought about building a trailer frame for the box to go on, with a 7000lb axle and H1 tires/wheels.

Are there parts on the frame that are of value to anyone here? If so what and how valuable? I saw someone wanted a wiring harness plug. I would hate to destroy some valuable items.

I guess what what I am saying is, if anyone needs parts off this trailer PM me and tell me what you need in the event I decide to go this route.

I am am currently elbow deep in another trailer build, (a little expedition trailer) so I'm not going to jump on this one too quick.

kblazer87

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The beds come off pretty easily as they are bolted on with just 8 bolts I believe. As for parting out you should be able to sell the axle, harness and tires pretty readily. The suspension is kind of covetted by the ones wanting to bob their deuce.