• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Modified Plow Mount M1028 completed

JohnFire

I want to just share the completed project of mounting a Meyer plow to our fire company's M1028. This plow was donated to our company by one of our junior members. It came with the truck that he was given which was a 94 chevy 1500. What we did is chop the upright mounting brackets and moved them in. Then modified the back supports. After that we went ahead and wired it all to the wiring harness and placed the controller in the ashtray area. We also made a cart for the plow to sit on most of the time till it needs to be wheeled into place and connected.

Attachments

JohnFire

Just a couple more. The cart was made from scrap wood that we had lying around, and 5 swivel roller wheels 4" from harbor freight 330lbs each. It is designed for one person to be able to hook it all up by themselves and remove it too. Then it can be rolled into a spot for storage.

Attachments

mangus580

Looks great!!!

I would suggest moving the controller though... its a long reach to it where you have it, and it will make it very uncomfortable to use.

OLDCHEV4X4

Nice job. And you get to keep the grill guard and the shackle mounts too!
But i do agree with Mangus. The location of the controls will get old real quick. On my 67 Chevy plow truck i attached them to the 4 speed shifter so i can shift and run the plow at the same time.
I know....its automatic....but you get the idea.

JohnFire

We only have 2 lots about 40 x 110 and 40 x 60 so I wasn't to worried about it being used to heavily and we want people to take their time with it. Also keeps it out of sight for those indivuals that we don't want to just hop in the truck think they can plow. Good thing they tend to be a little slow when it comes to noticing things like that. LOL We have even talked about putting a key lock on it. Last thing we want is someone to go ramming through the lot thinking they are doing a great job and they wreck something.