• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

monday trip to FT drum

maplehillfrm

well monday I go and meet kevin at ft drum to pick up my 6 trailers, I am going to try to impress myself and get them all at once,, if I can stack them I think I will be close, otherwise I will get 4 on my gooseneck and go back later in teh week to get the other two, I should be able to haul them with my truck,,

4 of them are frames only 103a3,, and two have the flatbeds on them,, in theory it seems doable????

now the next problem, knock wood, I have not neede my ins card or registration for the man in blue or any thing else,, well I am not the most organized, it "should " be in the truck, I looked and didnt find them,, uhoh,, I did find 2 hundred bucks stashed in my glove box though,,, that'll pay for the trip,,

so tommorow I tear the house apart to look for my papers,, my wife is going to be happy,,, NOT,,,

any tricks I need to know for my first pickup of military equipment from a base?? thansk I am going to try to remember to get some loading pictures ,, pat

maplehillfrm

Oh , I am goin go find it, if I dont find it tommorow morning I will be making a trip to the ins co and get new card,, I should keep better track of my stuff,, I did keep every paper and revision made for this purchase, so its looking up,, pat

dm22630

You are wasting your time if you dont have the correct paperwork.

They will NOT let you on the base.

Make sure you bring your paid in full invoice, drivers license, and insurance info.

If you are having anyone else come on base with you, they will need govt ID also.

m38inmaine

I just picked up two M103A3 trailers there myself. Vehicle/trailer reg and ins and occupant ID required at the gate. Gate staff had no idea what GL was, mention DRMO and they knew. The trailers stack quite well, I wish now I had bought 4 instead of two. Avoid the main gate if you can, I got turned around and thats where I ended up, it's a long way from GL. There is another gate much closer and less congested, just don't ask me how to get there!

Mark

dm22630

I just picked up two M103A3 trailers there myself. Vehicle/trailer reg and ins and occupant ID required at the gate. Gate staff had no idea what GL was, mention DRMO and they knew. The trailers stack quite well, I wish now I had bought 4 instead of two. Avoid the main gate if you can, I got turned around and thats where I ended up, it's a long way from GL. There is another gate much closer and less congested, just don't ask me how to get there!

Mark

The gate you are talking about is the commercial entrance.

If you are on the main road (around the base), it is the NEXT entrance after the main gate. Approx 2-3 miles after the main entrance.

This will put you about 1 mile from the GL lot. Go through the commercial entrance, stay on that road for a mile, GL is on the left.

You should call Kevin on Monday to verify this. But, when I picked up my M109 there.....I went in the main entrance by mistake & drove aimlessly around the base for 30 minutes before I found the GL lot.

Also....GPS's do NOT work on the base. All the roads are not mapped correctly in them.

Good Luck!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you call your insurance company, they will fax you a new card.

maplehillfrm , pm sent

Last edited:

maplehillfrm

well the good news is I found all the regs for all my trailers, and the reg for the ruck and also the insurance card,,

The story is I had my wife looking thru all kinds of paper for it, we found ins cards exp in 2005-06-07,, found one that is valid dec-08?? not yet,,

an hr passed she said I am looking in the truck,, well I followed her out,,

I OWE her a big dinner,, all the required papers were in the truck,, right where they are supposed to be,,:oops:

I talked to eric, today, he lives close to the base and had lots of info relayed to me, nice guy,,he also gave me the "easy" directions into the base,,

I am glad to here they stack good thats a relief, I measured up my others and teh y looked like they would, but is nice to get confirmation,, I am going to hook up my gooseneck in the morning and be ready to leave at 4;00 am,, well there shouldnt be any traffic through the manlius area before syracuse that early,,thats one good thing, haha

thansk again for all teh help,pat:razz: