• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Montana off-road title any get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NV555

Non FL/MT Buyers

Mr. /Mrs. (),

Congratulations on your recent purchase of item(s) ()! We would like to inform you of your titling options that are currently available for the Off-Road Use only HMMWVs. Along with the Standard Form 97 and Bill of Sale; we are now offering Montana off-road titles. Below we have listed the available title options and the associated fees.

Bill of sale-$25.00

Off-road SF97 -$50.00

Montana off-road title-$150.00

Please note that since HMMWVs require an End User Certificate approval, the title will be issued once your EUC is approved. EUC link included before for clarification. Currently, the option to select the Montana off-road title is unavailable through checkout. However, please respond to this email if you would like the Montana title and we will gladly add this request to your invoice. We thank you for your continued business and please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
GP did not start doing it till the middle of this month so it may take awhile or not before someone on here has one.

Last edited:

FearedEffect

Just got this message today as well. Trying to figure out what my best COA is here? I'm a little worried my DMV will be confused by the oddity of the SF-97 and tell me to pound sand. Although in my state New Hampshire I know they do inspections at the weight station for like salvage, kit cars ect to determine their safe and not stolen and issue a title? If someone knows more about this process with military vehicles SF-97 ect in New Hampshire could you PM me please? Trying to do everything above board but it's so confusing.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've never had an SF97 in my name in 30yrs....it's a certificate to obtain title.
I just titled an M35A2 with an SF97 dated 9yrs ago....the original buyer who got the SF97 from GL never titled the truck, then I bought and titled it, now the SF97 is in the archives at DMV.
The state of calif regs require an SF97 and bill of sale to do anything with a previously owned Govt vehicle.

86m1028

Just got this message today as well. Trying to figure out what my best COA is here? I'm a little worried my DMV will be confused by the oddity of the SF-97 and tell me to pound sand. Although in my state New Hampshire I know they do inspections at the weight station for like salvage, kit cars ect to determine their safe and not stolen and issue a title? If someone knows more about this process with military vehicles SF-97 ect in New Hampshire could you PM me please? Trying to do everything above board but it's so confusing.
I don't know about New Hampshire but an sf-97 is basically a "government title" instead of a "state title".
How can some states refuse an sf-97 ?
If the person at the counter is familiar with the sf-97 politely ask for the supervisor.
The supervisor should be able to help, if not they can call their higher up.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can bet you the only reason they are offered with off road titles was to placate DLA on the whole idea of selling these trucks to civilians. We're it not for that, we wouldnt be having this conversation.
most of you bitched and complained that the government should be selling them to us, something GL was never able to make happen, along comes GP and wallah! You have surplused HMMWV's for the masses at cheap prices.
now we have a select few who just want to complain....maybe you all should just be happy you can buy them at all.
i can't wait to see the posts when they out of the blue just stop selling them for whatever unknown reason.
why not just be glad you have the ability now enjoy them and buy them freely...yes, there are problems, always will be.

BadRobot

Question. How can GL sell M1123 with GA title / registration as on road vehicles whereas M998/M1023 with SF97 off road only? What made them different? GL bought M1123 from the gov the same as M998/M1038.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question. How can GL sell M1123 with GA title / registration as on road vehicles whereas M998/M1023 with SF97 off road only? What made them different? GL bought M1123 from the gov the same as M998/M1038.
I believe you mean GP (GovPlanent) . They were bought by GP in a backdoor deal with the Marine Corps (Marine Corps bypassed the DLA/DOD) much like the one sold in the 1999 sale from the Marine Corps . This could be one of those deals that bites back at GP and the USMC.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is NOT GP that says off-road it is the DLA.

Thread closed because you guys know the sites stance on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks