• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

moose hunt /MV get together 2010

jollyroger

Nice fish. We caught some small Brook Trout but that's all there is around where we hunt anymore.

We saw a lot of animals but had a hard time getting the right shooter with the right animal.

Like you said. Hotter and dryer than any of us remember. Walking around was like walking on Rice Crispies. Just not much we could do.

One of my friends has been on a bear quest and finally got his this season. It is the most unique bear I have ever seen. He wanted to get it tanned and made into a rug but the taxidermist would not do it. He insisted on mounting it.

Not a big bear, maybe 250 lbs. 70 inches nose to tail. But she is pretty. She has been named Tina after Tina Turner in the movie Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome.

Attachments

hughscpa

Great pics guys and congrats to all on the successful hunts. I sure hope to head North some day with my youngest daughter to try our hand at a moose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks