• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More fuel line questions

CA_LEO

So I did a search and did not find what I was looking for. My hard lines, that run from the back of the IP to the cylinders, are leaking from the fittings on the back of the IP. I checked the nuts and they are all tight, some of them felt to tight when I tried to loosen them. I am wondering if that was part of the problem. Anyhow, what is the best place to get new lines, is this a common occurrence, and are there better options out there then the OEM lines? Thanks in advance.

CA_LEO

In case anybody else runs into this problem the gm part number is 15633212. Found it on eBay for the '85+ models. They do not fit the 84 models real well without some bending by hand.

CA_LEO

It's actually an '86 but my understanding is they are all built to '84 specs for the military. My brother, dad and I pretty much had to straighten them out a little bit then re-bend them to snake around the intake manifold. We were careful not to crimp any of them and when you lined them up with the ones I pulled off they were very close.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks