• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Help needed.........

Chuck76

long story short, I have replaced the HH due to no start issues.

I still had a now start, but due to fuel not getting to the injectors. Pulled the HH and found pieces of the clip and button.

Now the help I need is confirming what I believe to be correct....

when I pulled the HH the first time, I had the red/ scored tooth lined up with the mark in the window. The motor was not spun over while the HH was removed. I have removed the HH again following the same procedure as the first time. I have removed the valve covers and have clearence between the cyl #1 rocker arms and valves, this tells me ( also from the TM's ) that cyl #1 is at TDC compression stroke. Again the motor has not been spun over.... is this where it all should be before I reinstall the HH? I have done some searching, and being 180* off, can cause major damage...I dont see how it could be......is there anything else i need to check?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm not sure how much it can hurt, I have had that happen before and once I got it back in time, it worked fine ever since.

It sounds like you are in the correct position to install the head "in time".

Chuck76

managed to take off the spring plate, spring, retainer clips, off of the old HH, and installed on the new HH, found another button. Installing the buttons retaining clip, managed to break one of the ears. Orderd 5 of them from Ambac. Dead in the water till they get here.

Really considering buying another HH assembly... real tired of spending $$$ on this truck!