• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More jobs for the Deuce/The last Roundup

Farmun

Thank You!

Just looking out for my children's future... This farm has been in the family since before the civil war, and I will not sit idly by and let some greedy corporation/developer ruin it.

Am I sorry someone is not making millions from a hole in the ground. Not in the least bit.:-D

Last edited:

jollyroger

We were forced to sell the creek. We had some debts we needed to pay that they know all about somehow AND since there is so much development around us the creek runs more and more water in it all the time (sewer plant effluent) creating major bank erosion and down cutting. There is a "stream improvement" project planned for our creek that would cost North of $2.5 million dollars. Of course since we own the land everyone want's us to foot the bill for the project. Since we are farming they can't require us to pay for the project unless we want to change the use of the property i.e. develop the property. Then they start playing around with the property taxes to try and force us to develop the property. Then we try to develop the property and they withold sewer service so we can't develop the property because they don't want us to make any money. Then there are certain "anointed" developers that step in and offer to buy the property, of course at huge bulk rate discounts, because it is a larger piece of property and they know somehow that we can't get services. Then when we don't do that it starts the property tax game again mixed with zoning violations. Then we break down and try to negotiate selling all the property and we can't have a direct conversation with them. It is all handled through third, "private" parties. Then these "private" parties want to be our broker as well. When pressed for how they could do that they say that they can't actually be our broker but they could be a transaction broker for us.........It's just a mess. An expensive mess and that's how they want it. They are doing this to us with our own and other peoples tax money.

We will get through this. I just hope we can take a minimal hit.:rant:

XM 2742

Sounds familiar...........squeeze the farmer and use their lack of a bank account as leverage...........

How many times have you been told to get a lawyer and at what cost to save less than the lawyer fees.

As tax money is spent by the govt entities to devalue your land the market value falls because of new problems that the govt agency finds and the developer will be given a tax break to clean up the new found problem that you did not cause.

I am sure you have called your Congressional rep............now get this in the news and scream bloody murder. You may lose but you are loseing now so at least go down fighting.

You are the victim here...remember that.

XM 2742

Just an Idea................... the sierra club has a lot of clout and can help document problems with the land caused by the neighbors. The Sierra club has relatively deap pockets and a lot of lawyers that work for free. This isn't the Sierra clubs first rodeo and they have a habit of winning.
You may end up with a few tree huggers hanging around but in this case they are saveing your trees............might even help you reclaim the damage caused by the neighbors.