• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More pics and fun with square tube

jrou111

I've been taking my M1009 out geocaching recently with some friends. It's a lot of stop-n-get out driving so I take the top off so folks can hop off the back. To make things easier for them, I welded up some square tubing to make a step that mounts to the rear shackle lift mount. It'll also come in handy for working on the engine since I can stick it up front to use as a step.

Attachments

Wrench Wench

What's the legality of going tear-assing down those cleared rights of way for the high tension lines? I'd think if caught, the power company could press tresspass charges if they wanted to be pricks.

Likewise, I'm assuming, possibly incorrectly, that you're geocaching on your own land. What's the legality of geocaching if you don't own the land. Say... the power company owns the land.

I note in that last pic a long downed tree trunk across the path. I grew up in rural Indiana and a friend's father had a road that looked just like that that only came onto his property, and he didn't want strangers using it to come onto the woods on his property, so he would deliberately fell a tree across it just like that. The local miscreants would chainsaw the trunk apart and shove the pieces off the road and my friend's dad would drop another tree.

jrou111

What's the legality of going tear-assing down those cleared rights of way for the high tension lines? I'd think if caught, the power company could press tresspass charges if they wanted to be pricks.

Likewise, I'm assuming, possibly incorrectly, that you're geocaching on your own land. What's the legality of geocaching if you don't own the land. Say... the power company owns the land.

I note in that last pic a long downed tree trunk across the path. I grew up in rural Indiana and a friend's father had a road that looked just like that that only came onto his property, and he didn't want strangers using it to come onto the woods on his property, so he would deliberately fell a tree across it just like that. The local miscreants would chainsaw the trunk apart and shove the pieces off the road and my friend's dad would drop another tree.
It's public land. But the rules for geocaching are that you can't hide a cache on private land unless you have the landowner's permission. The tree was a rotten tree that came down during a storm a few months back. There were no signs of chainsaw or axe cuts at the trunk.

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's public land. But the rules for geocaching are that you can't hide a cache on private land unless you have the cacheowner's permission. The tree was a rotten tree that came down during a storm a few months back. There were no signs of chainsaw or axe cuts at the trunk.

Cacheowners or property owners permission?

sw

jrou111

Did you find what you were looking for?

Is it always buried or do they hang the stuff in trees as well?
Yes, we found them all. It's never buried where you have to use digging tools to find. Usually it's in a stump, or under a pile of sticks.

Hard to tell, but that looks like a nice cottonmouth. Were you near the Cahaba River?
Yeah it was a cottonmouth. You can see the tire tracks from my truck that it didn't budge when I drove by.

lets see a picture of that front winch mount
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/45839-quick-easy-winch-mount.html

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks