• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Pics of my M1008 Restore

hmsgoodhope

Hi Folks,

Finally got seats in truck after Dave's great paint and interior restore job. I will be posting more pics over next day or so but here is first lot. Next year I will have him do my M1009 after I get her mechanically fit. As you can see I decided to not go totally traditional - seats look much better stained - my opinion. Also wanted antenna mounts and guards for radio setup that I am still working out. I just got a new tailgate that I will put on this spring after I paint to match - Dave did his best with one I had but it is so badly pranged up as to be a loss. I am also working on cover and hoops - they will also be ready by spring. I have new cover for setup once finished. Will continue to post pics as project finishes up.

More pics later today of interior and seats (in down position).

Cheers!

Attachments

hmsgoodhope

Hi Folks,

Thanks for comments!

Interior all Dave's doing! Dave stained dash and doors - they weren't too bad to start - faded somewhat - but restaining really makes them look good as new. Seat we left alone - it was mint from GL lot! The troop seats took me easily 40+ hours to strip as much of the paint as I could off them to make stain look good. Sanding, and resanding, I got 98% off. Close inspoection would show some spots where belt sander had to be used to "blast" off CARC paint and get to wood. I then hit it with 2 coats of Poly to seal it up.

hmsgoodhope

What M1008 looked like before restore..

In case folks interested in pre-restoration look of truck check out post titled:
Fresh Resto X (hmsgoodhope)

Dave (82ABNMP) did cosmetics (I did seats).

SOUTHERN CUCV RESTORATION
DAVID ROTH

Really happy with finished product and I will have Dave do my M1009 next year afetr I get the rig mechanically sound. Thanks everyone for comments. I will post finals when I get cargo hoops on and radio in.

Ed

100acre

Looks great, I was thinking of doing someting similar to mine . She used to belong to the Navy so I was thinking about replacing the wood with mohogany and the carriage bolts with brass then coating with a marine sealant. like the black brush guard too.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Troop seats

Wow ED! The seats really set off the truck! I will make you a deal...on the resto of your M1009 if you do a set of seats for my M1008 ;)

Truck turned out awesome :beer:

David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks