• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More Power In a M936A2

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Question 1: I guess you had the plug off while the engine was running? I always had mine out when it was off so I can't say for sure if it was spitting around. The pump is lubed with engine oil via an oil line and drains through the front into the gear case. That being the case, I wouldn't worry about it.

Question 2: Here's what the op. man. has to say:

Idle Speed (engine rpm) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 565-635 rpm

So 450 was definitely low. You may want to bump it up just a little bit more.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They like to vibrate a bit more than I like at a speed below 700, also it helps out with the low end acceleration.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
NATE_O23: First, thank you for your service. Second, what does the elephant stencil on the passenger door signify? I used to have a 10 ton cargo with an elephant on the front bumper and it was a unit marking of some sort.

Thanks!

Attachments

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
WillWagner said:
They like to vibrate a bit more than I like at a speed below 700, also it helps out with the low end acceleration.
Hmm, interesting point. I may have to look into that, so long as it doesn't cause too much of a bang when shifting from forward to reverse.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nate, a big thanks for your service to this great country. Warriors like you are a blessing, wished the dang gov't would untie all y'allshands. Glad the 936 is running a little perkier. Will, this is exactly the reason I don't mind sending you stuff, you give back anytime you can. Hey Chris, you're a little more into the Cum-mins than I thought. Carry on!

nate_o23

Thanks for the info... Ill kick the idle up a little more.

BKubu- The elephant is actually from a symbol that is on a lot of the arab trucks and trailers over. They are made by a company called Mammut and they use that elephant as there symbol. That is an old picture because now there are absolutely no markings on any vehicles. Not even bumber numbers. Some bright ass general some where decided the enemy could figure out too much information from the vehicle markings so now there are no markings what so ever. Its kind of a PITA.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks