• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

more room behind wheel m35a2 help?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you've got a spring seat you can replace it with a box seat. That will give you a little more room with the belly. Don't think it will help much with the leg room though.

kilness

Feel for ya buddy. I'm tall also 6'10" and wanted an M35a2 but had to get an a3 to be comfortable. I've heard guys cutting a coil out of the spring under the seat. Other than that its a 5 ton wheel and with that you would need power steering.

Pawnshop

I cut the back off the box seat so I could move my hips farther to the rear, so my long legs (and bum hip and size 13 boots) could all fit betwixt the seat and clutch pedal. I can take a photo for you tomorrow if you like.

Csm Davis

6'8"

Feel for ya buddy. I'm tall also 6'10" and wanted an M35a2 but had to get an a3 to be comfortable. I've heard guys cutting a coil out of the spring under the seat. Other than that its a 5 ton wheel and with that you would need power steering.
I feel your pains but I thought the a3 was the same cab if not fill us in!

Cigarjoe

I don't have a duece yet but I thought about cutting a few inches out of the steering column and shaft, and welding it back together. Has this been done or tried by anyone?

dmetalmiki

no S/Wheel room cure

I got cheesed with the ridiculouse way the drivers postion is in these trucks,,sooooooo! |Take out the mounting bolts Re-Drill as high as you can lift the steering wheel and presto! Leg Room. and the ability to get at the pedals for mundane things like de-clutching and Stopping! its night snowing and cold but I tried to PIC the postion of the s/wheels in my deuce and 5 ton. good luck.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks