• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

more room behind wheel m35a2 help?

recon

I had a similar problem when I got my M35. I took the back off the seat and found the foam was very hard and would not compress much. Wheel rubbed my belly (6'4 245). I replaced the foam with furniture grade foam from a fabric store. I used two layers and trimmed all the corners and reused the old cover. It now compresses enough so I clear the wheel and get more leg room for the pedals but still get some cushioning I also found the plywood under the seat was rotten and replaced that also.

Recon

Csm Davis

Will someone post more about moving the column up. At 6'8" and 345 lbs. I just open the door while shifting! No real problem with wheel hitting my belly just can't get my knee to clear wheel with door closed.

jbayer

IMG_20160320_112218_173.jpg

The pedal shafts have notches in them that the bolt rides in. You have to take the bolt out, adjust the pedal shaft up, or down, line up a notch with the bolt hole in the arm, and then reinstall the bolt, and nut. Safety feature so if bolt comes loose, pedal shafts won't just slide throught the arms, and go to the floor. The bolt in mine is in the upper-most notch on the clutch pedal, meaning it can only be adjusted for a higher pedal, not lower. You could probably take it out, make a nother notch, and put it back in.

Last edited:

rustystud

View attachment 613935

The pedal shafts have notches in them that the bolt rides in. You have to take the bolt out, adjust the pedal shaft up, or down, line up a notch with the bolt hole in the arm, and then reinstall the bolt, and nut. Safety feature so if bolt comes loose, pedal shafts won't just slide throught the arms, and go to the floor. The bolt in mine is in the upper-most notch on the clutch pedal, meaning it can only be adjusted for a higher pedal, not lower. You could probably take it out, make a nother notch, and put it back in.
That's interesting. Mine doesn't have that, it's just a straight shaft and the bolt clamps the housing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks