• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More starting issues...

Dan65Brown

I searched and couldn't find any threads with my problems, so if it has been covered, I'm sorry.

Trucks been running good for a while, no problems. Went to crank it up this morning and it just turned over and turned over and turned over..Let the glow plugs cycle twice and three times and nothing. You can hear them clicking when they're supposed to and it doesn't blow any smoke. Also, does nothing when I hit it with starter fluid. My only idea is maybe the fuel gelled up since it went from being like 60 degrees yesterday to about 20 degrees last night? I'm out of ideas. And its a 85 m1008.

Thanks

mistaken1

The glow plug relay clicking is no guarantee the glow plugs are actually getting hot.

Hot glow plugs and ether don't play together nicely.

No white smoke would indicate fuel not getting to the cylinders.

What is the temperature supposed to be tomorrow? You could add diesel 911 to the tank but it needs to get all the way to the injectors. You could try opening the bleed valve on the filter and see if you get fuel flow there.

cucv1833

You could try opening the bleed valve on the filter and see if you get fuel flow there.
This may help

CRANKS NORMALLY BUT WILL NOT START as per TM -34

Check for voltage at pink lead on fuel injector pump fuel shutoff solenoid while
assistant cranks engine. There should be at least 9 volts.
If voltage is not correct, trace circuit. (See wiring diagram E-3 or E-5)
If voltage is correct, perform step 2.
Disconnect pink lead from fuel injector pump fuel shutoff solenoid. Turn key to
“RUN” position, Touch pink lead to fuel injector pump terminal and listen for
clicking sound.
If clicking sound is not heard, remove governor cover. (See paragraph 3-38)
Connect 12 volt power source to shutoff solenoid terminal and ground.
Observe solenoid plunger for freedom of movement. Clean or replace​
solenoid if plunger

rnd-motorsports

:ditto:fuel will not gell at 20 deg. not overnight so that is not going to be the problem been in the teens here and below no problems. would check above first. have you checked and drained water off filter base that will freeze at 20 deg.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check for air in the system. You may need to bleed the lines.

Also check the pink wire at the injector pump fuel shutoff for 12v. No voltage there and you will never start the truck.

Dan65Brown

Thanks guys, I'm going to check the filter and pump like yall said. And what software do you need to download the TM's? Because apparently I don't have it.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys, I'm going to check the filter and pump like yall said. And what software do you need to download the TM's? Because apparently I don't have it.
You need nothing to download them. You will need Abobe Reader to open them.

Dan65Brown

Yeah everytime I try to download Adobe it won't finish the download so I dunno. But I'm getting nothing at the injectors, and have fuel leaking from somewhere under the engine, haven't found the leak yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks