• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

More work on the bobbed deuce this weekend

ranchhopper

I finally got some of the exhaust fabbed together out of the turbo so I could get the cab mounted. The engine was shoehorned in as was the exhaust not much room anywhere. After the exhaust was run I dropped the cab on the risers everything fit pretty well just a bit of grinding here and there. I put the HEMTT wheels and 1400-20s on so I could get the power steering gear mounted went pretty fast no clearance issues there. I am welding together a dog house to fit over the exhaust system in the cab it will be kinda like a van has inside. I am going to put a hood scoop near the cowl so it vents cool air down between the cab and turbo to push out the heat somewhat.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Heres a few more pics I am finding it hard to make the clutch linkage work as the deuce and five ton clutch works in opposite directions I ordered the keyed round stock from an 800 series truck hopefully this cures the problem.This is getting expensive already even though I have most of the components to finish I put my cherry 1009 up for sale to get funds to finish.

Attachments

ranchhopper

Everything has to be made for it the engine puts out 250 HP so I had to use a trans from an 818.Replacing a trans thats 18 inches long with one thats 26 inches long took some forethought.Then Ihad to make an adapter plate to go from the five ton trans drive flange to the yoke on the deuce transfer case.