• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Morning engine surge?

msoumas

This has been happening for a while now, but the curiosity has finally gotten the better of me.

Every morning, I start up my 1009 and let it warm up for a few minutes. I take it around the block (one way street), and when I get to the first real straightaway and step on the pedal to accelerate a bit, the engine surges until it gets into second, suddenly calms down, and then is fine for the rest of the drive. If the engine stays somewhat warm throughout the day it doesn't happen again, but if it has the whole work day to sit and cool down, I get the same effect on my first acceleration on the way home from work.

Any idea what could cause this sort of gremlin?

dependable

My guess is you have a fuel leak down in fuel filter. By new improved housing. OEM surplus. Lots of old threads on this. Air in the system will cause a surges. It will slowly get worse. Could be other air leak in fuel system, but the filter housing is the first I would check.

IdahoPlowboy

During warm up my M1009 kicks into high idle for about a minute or so and then settles back down when it is warm, is this what yours is doing?