• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor Breaking Help

CPAPPY

Need some help with engine break in procedure. First off I have never rebuilt an engine before, Saturday I was able to get the wiring put back together and wired in the new fuel pump. After cranking over the motor 3-4 time the motor started and sounds great , I only ran it for about 30 sec. because I dont have the radiator on . Now I will finish the assy. Oil lines, belts and Mount the radiator & Transmission line . I still need to put the crossover steering on. Monday when I was in the process of installing the crossover steering I inspected the kingpin upper bushing and saw that it had a crack in it , so I order new springs and bushing and gasket from ORD. should be here Friday or Monday . Iam still looking for a turbo down pipe and clamp from a salvage yard , it looks like I will have to buy new when I get back to work . I am not sure this truck will get put back together this year because of winter . I will have to tow the truck into safelite to have the windshield and rear glass , they said the wanted the truck in the shop to install the windshield, install both glass $ 85.00 dollars

1. Is there a break in procedure for the 6.2 also I have added a turbo to it.

2. Is the special oil I should use for the break in . and when should I change the oil out.

3. Is there special oil lines now that it is turbo.

4. Also there is some air bubbles in the return line is the typical .

chevyCUCV

I've read that it is best to run the engines under a load to seat the rings with the cylinder.
Maybe try loading up your truck with weight and then take it out for the first drive. I would even try to tow a trailer as often as possible.
Minimal idle time is critical i believe in early engine life.
If the rings dont seat there will be lots of blowby.

BIG_RED

Let it warm up a bit before you haul things around with it. Yes, excessive running without load can lead to rings that don't seat properly - but beating on a cold engine is never a good idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks