• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor City Motors - another Deuce on TV

Gastrap

I have three friends who have installed this equipment on their tractors. The driver turns them around, puts them on the line the screen says and turns them loose. the GPS steers the tractor till they get to the end of the field, the driver turns it off and repositions the tractor. They can skip anywhere in the field and plant, and when finished all rows match within one inch.
I'm a tech at a Deere dealership, we have lots of customers with all their field operations running autosteer on an RTK signal- sub inch accuracy. They've gotten so spoiled that if the system breaks, they refuse to work until its fixed.:roll:

That poor truck!

peecook

Motor City Motors : TV Series : Discovery Channel

New show on Discovery Channel. Next Monday at 10pm they will take a deuce and turn it into a deuce that pulls corn from the field.

Two episodes in, its a take off of Jesse James' show a couple years ago. Take a vehicle, turn it into something crazy. Last night was a Suburban that they put an asphalt machine into the rear.

I know there are some guys with farms out there, this might be a way to save on some of that big expensive equipment. :)

tjcouch

After seeing what they did to the 'burb last night I am almost afraid to watch what they do to the deuce . . . . or even if they figure out how to start it.

Cucvnut

this show needs help i think it sucks ( others might disagree ) but its a over done concept lets just hope they dont make the MV as bad as the suburban ( and it needs to leave the family drama out of the show)

G-Force

You're absolutely right Wreckerman....what ever happened to the REAL reality shows where they used REAL actors?????? What is this world coming to?????

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reality shows are a way for networks to maximize their profits......they use (for the most part) unknown actors (and I use the term loosely) and pay them squat.
Reality TV is more proof positive that the intelligence is being bred out of the human race.
I agree. Reality shows are a big money maker for the networks. There seems to be a long line of idiots waiting in line to be on the shows also (remember balloon boy and the people that crashed the White House party?).

They have to add in the drama for ratings. I know people like us watch them for the hands on fabrication and such but most people just watch it for the drama.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
take survivor, if they did it so the last person that walks out was the winner, it might not be a bad show, make it a real survival show :twisted::twisted:

conductorx

I am not too impressed by Motor City. I am watching Howe and Howe Tech tonight and they have some pretty cool equipment they are building.

Gary

bryan70546

The only reality shows I watch are the history channel the military channel , and the shows like how its made .Not that stupid crap they have on TV now .

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some of them aren't too bad if you take them for what they are worth. I'll try and catch the Motor City show just because it's going to have a deuce in it.

It's too cold to wash my truck anyway :wink:.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
The older I get the more I wonder just exactly what reality is:!: And who exactly decides:roll:
When I entered the MV hobby a few years ago I was a strict purist...make it like original or leave it alone!!! Then I was exposed to some REAL purists!!! Gee whizz...

Then I found this site and found other folks that try to reach a happy medium and have since learned there is a place for everyone and their ideas:-D
I still don't like the idea of hacking up MV's....especially vintage and rare ones, but if they are not mine... I have no say in the matter:oops:

I guess that's the beauty of America...well part of it anyway:-D We have different ideas and different opinions on the same ideas...but we all pull in the same direction sorta:wink:
I've been watching some of these programs and sometimes I am amazed and sometimes I just wanna blast the TV!!

Well...I guess the real draw to TV has always been to provide some kind of experience you can't get in person...day to day.
I was never a gunfighter...but always liked those movies/shows....never saw a corn picker attached to a deuce either but...er....guess it can't hurt too bad to look:roll:

Attachments

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
this show needs help i think it sucks ( others might disagree ) but its a over done concept lets just hope they dont make the MV as bad as the suburban ( and it needs to leave the family drama out of the show)
I fully agree! It looks like it's shaping up to be a 4-wheel version of the Orange City Choppers free-for-all. Who needs that kind of "drama?" Thank goodness my TV has more than one channel!

scooter01922

Seriously not impressed with that show, its all BS and no fab work. They can't even make their own poorly engineered crap function but they still get the prizes. First episode, it won't start for like 3 hours but magically with 1 second on the clock it does, uh sure, nice editing you morons. And what exactly is revolutionary about a chopped old ford???? Second episode was asinine at best, what the heck was that arm for??? It never actually heated anything and they can't even manage to explain a PTO at a level a 5 year old would get. The "hydraulic experts" couldn't figure out that nothing worked cause the fluid was low. BUT with 5 min left on the clock they fill it up and it works, sorta, kinda but not really. These guys need to be dragged out back and put out of their misery, i can fab better and i'm just your average joe working on my own crap. GIVE ME A BREAK.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks