• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motor Trouble

micky

So the govenor on my White multi-fuel self destructed and rapped for 15 secs. I replaced the gov and got it started only to find a rocker tick. Inspection showed a valve retainer that stressed cracked and slid up and almost over the keepers. A second retainer showed cracks. I replaced all the retainers and keepers and it runs good but I am concerned if I drive it and I missed something the the cost to replace as compared to the cost of inspection/rebuild will break the bank. Any advice?
Thanks, Mick

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Short of pulling the thing down for a major nspection, I think you have done all you can do. You could always pull the oil pan and do an inspection, but that's about it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As long as canned engines have been in the surplus market I don't think you will have a problem finding a rebuildable core engine shoud yours grenade. Maybe shop for a core and start a rebuild now and once its done, you can can it until you need/sell it. If yours ventilates the block half way through, you can speed up the rebuild process.