• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Motorhome and M998 Flat Tow

Kora

I am considering to tow a M998 behind a 40 ft motorhome during my recovery. I have a 10,000. pound rated "Blue Ox" tow bar on the motorhome which usually I tow my car with.
My question is; Is that doable? Has any one towed a M998 using a "Blue Ox" tow bar? What are your suggestions?

Thank you in advance. KK

Kora

I suspect the towbar isn't compatible. Does it end in a 3/4" pin?
No it is 5/8".
From your comment, I am assuming the front air lift shackle pin diameter is 3/4". How about the brush guard hinge pin diameter? Are they also 3/4" ?
Thank you for your comments.
KK

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure what the diameter of the brush guard pin is, but it isn't designed as a tow point. I wouldn't do it.

We've got a bunch of people in the OKC area. I suggest finding someone with a set of medium towbars and the correct feet and borrowing them. Of course that brings up the issue of needing a pintle hitch on your tow vehicle.

98G

Kora

I'm not sure what the diameter of the brush guard pin is, but it isn't designed as a tow point. I wouldn't do it.

We've got a bunch of people in the OKC area. I suggest finding someone with a set of medium towbars and the correct feet and borrowing them. Of course that brings up the issue of needing a pintle hitch on your tow vehicle.

98G

Good advise, thank you.
KK