• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mount muffler under cab?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M939 series with NHC250...

The exhaust line runs right above the air tanks, is there a reason not to shorten the exhaust and put the muffler right under the cab?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn’t think it would be much hotter if you can fit it under there and still maintain decent clearance. Could you mount it the same horizontal but just behind the cab and turn the pipe down in front of the tires?

Csm Davis

I was thinking about mounting muffler under the cab and dumping the exhaust just behind the cab to the right.
You can put a civilian flow though muffler under there but I would not end the exhaust any where near the cab as it has 2 large vents one under and one on the back of the cab that would allow fumes in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oboyjohn

Our Canadian Deuces ran the exhaust after the Y pipe under the cab on the drivers side and the muffler was mounted at under the cargo box near the front. I never had problems with gassing the boys in the back. If you had troops in there, we simply did not leave the engine running when parked.
MLVW exhaust 2.JPG

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
On a few 934s I put beds on I just cut the exhaust off right at the vertical turn and ran a pipe down the frame rail on the outside and dumped it down behind the toolbox

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks