• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mount the M249 please help

jpinst

OK I did a search and saw some nice pics and videos. But I cant find any solid information on getting mounts for an m249 for my HMMWV turret.

Its an m998 1025 slant back, and I have pintles coming out of my A! There needs to be some cradle or something and although I tried to buy some from an on line supplier, he would not sell to me because I am not military--when I offered military ID he said I need a military purchase order for anything gun related...SO>>>>>>>>

how do I get a mount for the M249.

It would look kool....maybe in the parade...I dunno...sigh

Thanks in advance. :?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I make M249 Mounts for Airsoft Weapons if that is what you are looking for.
The Mount fits the standard US Small Pintle and then used in conjunction wiht the
UPA that is used on teh Slantback Turret and any other large US Pintle.
I have available with Ammo can side mount and Without.

Attachments

Alredneck

Banned
Re: RE: Mount the M249 please help

David_4x4 said:
I concur, on the other hand if you are crafty with steel you can cut and weld one out of some 1/4 flat plate and a old pintle, we had some made like that for our light skin cargos in OIF1 when they gave us a pedestal mount for the bed but no way to mount our M240Bs

The mount is the same for both as above!

readyman

McMaster Carr has a HD swivel arm assembly, that I used in a pinch for the 4th.

5164T1 SUPPORT ARM SYSTEM, RIGID, WALL MOUNT,100LB CAP, 24-3/4"MAX PROJECTION $266.70

I bent up and welded a 1x1/4" strap iron cradle with a standard 7/8 diameter bottom pin.
Less than a half hour's work.
The design has no real room for the ammo box.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks quite good, I too have fabricated a swingarm mount, but from scratch, it's still prototype, the idea is to keep the costs down as much as possible. The swingarms I use on my truck are original MSG, I fabricated the actual Door mount from Scratch on those as well, I have 1 mount installed on each Door except for the driver.

readyman

Hummerguy,
Sometimes I just run out of time and go with the civvy off the shelf stuff.
I'd like real McCoyMSG swing arm, and keep checking Austin Aviation for em.
Where'd you get the swing arm?

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found mine on Gun Broker. Actually what it was, was just the cradle not the yoke (New in the box). It is designed to fit the M60 / M142 mount. I am assuming the government decided to use the old yokes (or at least be interchangeable) and made a new cradle. Go figure they actually wanted to save $$$. I am by no means sure this is the only style. I will post pictures latter or tomarrow.

Artillerydan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are the pictures. First a long shaft cradle assy M142 M60 mount

Then the M249 cradle / Mount on the short shaft yoke.

Sorry no it is not for sale.

Also found this mount for you. Problem is you still need the correct mount / socket for this.
http://www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/parts.cgi?read=226426

Its a decent price if I was not needing to buy tank parts I would pop on this myself.

Psoduffy

I make M249 Mounts for Airsoft Weapons if that is what you are looking for.
The Mount fits the standard US Small Pintle and then used in conjunction wiht the
UPA that is used on teh Slantback Turret and any other large US Pintle.
I have available with Ammo can side mount and Without.
Do you still make these? I’m interested.