• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting a PLS Tankrack

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will the bridge truck be able to handle the weight of all that water? I remember a thread recently about a Dodge water truck and it had very little power going up/down hills when loaded with water...

M1075

maddawg308 said:
Will the bridge truck be able to handle the weight of all that water? I remember a thread recently about a Dodge water truck and it had very little power going up/down hills when loaded with water...
Yes, I posted about the Dodge. With the tank loaded (5,000 gallons) it is definitely a no go! I plan to move that tank to a M911. NEIOWA and I have been investigating this possibilty.

For the bridge truck, I removed the complete bridging assembly and it now resembles the M812A1 truck chassis. The M812A1 has a highway payload of 26,000# and cross country payload of 16,000#. Fully loaded, my payload will be between those numbers.

M1075

emmado22 said:
Is that tank rack made in the UK? Looks like the one I had at Ft Hood several years ago as a test project...
No, the rack was made in Ohio, but we have discussed these before and I think you tested them. I did see one nearly identical at Fort Hood (2-3 years ago). There are 2 models, with one being 2000 gallons and one being 3000 gallons. Got any pics or info from the testing?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks