• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting Accessory Plate

Skinny

You have to trim the left side of that insert. You will also need to install some type of rivnut or be really flexible in order to put a nut on the back side of the dash.

forest522

I had to cut a few inches otf the end of the trim. Then the accessory plate mount sort of sqeezes through the existing hole in the dash pad where a vent would be if a civi vehicle. There are 4 hex head screws, 1/4 or 7/16 I think, that hold the plate to the the metal frame under the dash pad.

The trim installs as usual, just less two of the plastic screw studs since they were cut off. I used a fine blade hack saw to cut the trim.

Firejareen

Not to steal your thunder...and now that I know what that plate is called...anyone got another one? I have a 1028 that I could use that in to mount stuff.

salt6

Yep, good info and photos. I'd been looking for the trip piece for awhile. I found it while looking for some other stuff at the pick a part. Pays to keep your eyes open.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks