• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting and assembly of Hummer Beadlocks

tsmall07

If you take the runflat out, there are people that make a PVC insert to take its place and retain the beadlock. I'm sure you could make them yourself.

86M10086.2L

ahh, I see now. I was thinking more along the line of the aftermarket beadlocks where the outside ring itself sandwiches the bead creating the beadlock. I've got it now. Still yet to put the assembly into practice but I think I got the basics.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Attached pics show two different versions that I've found so far in Hummer radials:
One is a 6 7/8” wide 1pc insert; the other one has a separate ring or lip with both parts adding up to about the same width. Probably for the two different wheel styles???
Both systems act as run-flat and bead-locks at the same time. I would cut most material off of that heavy massif rubber disk if I only wanted to retain its bead locking function.

G.

Attachments

CCATLETT1984

I run the "dean reed" metal beadlocks. they work great and are a very easy install.

I have swapped a tire onto a rim on the side of the road in 25min. (most of that time was fighting the lug nuts.)

CCATLETT1984

you can get that socket if you go to a hummer dealership, they can order it for you. you may want to change over to the new 6 sided nuts, get them from the dealer as they are a special kind of nut.

39ranger

When I was in the Army and in training I was told the reason they went from the Magnesium insert to the rubber insert, was when the tire went flat with the magnesium and got to hot that the magnesium would explode or catch fire.
If that is true I would never think of running the Magnesium run flat insert.