• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mounting H1 AC Condenser vs Universal Coldmaster Condenser

tjonesdfw

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to HPG, it appears a factory H1 AC condenser may mount up to the cooling stack on the HMMWV. Can anyone here confirm? Still trying to resolve how to install AC hidden in our center console without adding dual fender condensers. Options thus far:

1. Keep the radio rack and center console we've already built and build our own AC system with an H1 or Coldmaster condenser on the cooling stack with dual fans, and two 22K BTU Coldmaster evaporators hidden in the console. Unfortunately all I've seen anyone do is zip tie the Coldmaster condenser on which I refuse to do.
2. Delete the center console we've built, and just install a single 33K BTU Red Dot in the rear with condenser on the outside of the rear curtain
3.. Delete our radio rack, rebuild the console, and install Restomod Airs' system. Unfortunately they wont sell their fabricated condenser mounts designed for the HMMWV without buying the entire system.
4. Spend a fortune and add factory front and rear evaporators from an 1165 and dual fender condensers.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I can add is it is common wisdom that no electric fans are available that can draw/push more air than the factory fan and adding fans only make the problem worse as it actually restricts flow.
Having said that I have never tried this myself.
I am going the full dual fender cond. route time will tell if that is a good idea or not. :eek:

Mario1600

The only thing I can add is it is common wisdom that no electric fans are available that can draw/push more air than the factory fan and adding fans only make the problem worse as it actually restricts flow.
Having said that I have never tried this myself.
I am going the full dual fender cond. route time will tell if that is a good idea or not. :eek:
intersting info. I’m looking to add AC as well.
I was wondering if the fender mount would
Be a better hidden option. I’m not really liking the idea of stacking another source of heat on top of the oil cooler and radiator.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
intersting info. I’m looking to add AC as well.
I was wondering if the fender mount would
Be a better hidden option. I’m not really liking the idea of stacking another source of heat on top of the oil cooler and radiator.
Folks that have that system claim it has allot of capacity, even in S FL, which is almost as bad as being in S TX.
I have an intercooler so I really don't have room for a cond. up front and as you say not really interested in adding to the stack, time will tell, ask me again in June/July :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks