• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MOV Varistor Specs

Tommytone

I would like to find out what the specs are for the MOV (Varistor) used in an MEP 802a.

I want to order one but want to make sure what I order has the correct specs.

I looked at the tier 1 reset information and I see the fuse holder and fuse but not the MOV.

I have a 2011 and the fuse holder appear to be there and I understand they were factory after about 2008 or so.

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one I provide with MEP-802A & MEP-803A Fuse Mod Kits is PN: MOV-14D151K
---> MOV

The addition of the MOV is an enhancement that I came up with to help protect the A1 AC Voltage Regulator.
The Fuse Mod itself only protects the Quad winding in the gen head from getting damaged if the bridge rectifier circuit on the input side of the AC Regulator short out.

Tommytone

---> MOV

The addition of the MOV is an enhancement that I came up with to help protect the A1 AC Voltage Regulator.
The Fuse Mod itself only protects the Quad winding in the gen head from getting damaged if the bridge rectifier circuit on the input side of the AC Regulator short out.
---> MOV

Got it. With a 2011 with 6.5 hours, if that is relevant at all to the question, can I go ahead and run the unit to change the oil? Or should I be patient and just wait for the veristor?

It sounds like these are extremely inexpensive and you sell them in a kit, with the fuse and holder, but not alone correct. If that is a question I can even ask.

Everyone has two cents on the correct oil for any engine much less these. At the same time while I am asking things my thought is with a low original hour unit that has not even really been broken in to run more of a break in IE non synthetic oil with a zinc additive. If you have any insight here I would love to hear it.

Thanks again!

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, the MOV is very inexpensive. I just received a batch of them.
If you want I can ship you one with the wire lugs already on it.
PM me if interested.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks