• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Movie shoot with some of my MV's.

jvrotter

Since I've decided to be more active in this forum, I thought I'd post some pics of a film college movie that I helped out on by renting out some of my MV's. This was done last year out by Johnson Valley in the Calif high desert. It was a 3 day project and an absolute blast. Story line is human survivors fight off zombie hordes in the desert. Movie's title is "Deadlands" Still waiting for it to be released.

Attachments

jvrotter

Remember these are student films that they make for senior class final sort off. There only about 30 mins long hence the 3 day shoot. But it was still a lot of fun. Kinda like a 3 day camping trip and getting paid for it. I did another one a couple years before this one, never saw that one either. I really hope they get this one released cause its got some really cool convoy video that came out really well.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nothing is wrong with it except Doghead doesn't like us talking about Zombies. In this case it should be perfectly acceptable since it is MV related and a movie with them in it.

Movie-MVs-Zombies

Win-win-win

gunboy1656

Would like to see more movies with our trucks doing something else besides being in zombie movies. Don't get me wrong I like zombie movies, but is that all our trucks are good for?

jvrotter

I just did another college film. My duece, M1008 and a militarized Polaris Ranger were rented for it. Not a zombie flick but kinda a war drama. My stuff was only used in a flashback in the movie, I'll look to see if I got any good pics from it.

Josh

End of the world, or military type movies are kinda the only ones Ive seen with MV's in them. Not a whole lot of other style movies use them.

Danger Ranger

GunBoy, when you find another topic for an MV movie, let me know, I will watch it. Its just a matter of creativity and movie makers, what will sell...etc. I found out about DH's zombie thing personally, when a thread was closed, oh well, I'll find another topic.

Anyhow, thank you for th estory on the movie, let us know when/if it comes out, even if you can get them to put it on YouTube or something...:-D

gunboy1656

GunBoy, when you find another topic for an MV movie, let me know, I will watch it. Its just a matter of creativity and movie makers, what will sell...etc. I found out about DH's zombie thing personally, when a thread was closed, oh well, I'll find another topic.

Anyhow, thank you for th estory on the movie, let us know when/if it comes out, even if you can get them to put it on YouTube or something...:-D
The movie "Black Dog" has a piece of military equipment. Bet you can't find it. There has been a few movies with equipment and not zombie and military themed.

The movie Venom, has an M816 that runs around a lot in it.

Josh

The movie "Black Dog" has a piece of military equipment. Bet you can't find it. There has been a few movies with equipment and not zombie and military themed.

The movie Venom, has an M816 that runs around a lot in it.

Are you refering to the movie Venom from 2005? If so, this was quoted off IMDb for the storyline

"Ray was bitten and penetrated as the car sunk, and shortly after it's dragged out rises as an 'undead' zombie, who murders without provocation and is immune to lethal weapons. "

As much as I agree with you that MVs should be in more movies(infact they should be in all movies somehow :beer:) . 95% of them with are zombie/end of the world, or military. Its just the way it is.

Just so its clear, I wish we could put mvs in another movies, not trying to be a ****head.

gunboy1656

Are you refering to the movie Venom from 2005? If so, this was quoted off IMDb for the storyline

"Ray was bitten and penetrated as the car sunk, and shortly after it's dragged out rises as an 'undead' zombie, who murders without provocation and is immune to lethal weapons. "

As much as I agree with you that MVs should be in more movies(infact they should be in all movies somehow :beer:) . 95% of them with are zombie/end of the world, or military. Its just the way it is.

Just so its clear, I wish we could put mvs in another movies, not trying to be a ****head.
I don't remember a zombie in it, and I didn't see it on IMDB to see the cover. I saw it a few years ago.

droopypete

I purchased this duece for a kids show called "Thunderstone"
here is a link to some footage

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=camTucPdtv8&feature=related[/media]
start at 2 mins

Peter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks