• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Movie Vehicle Rental - Central Texas

Lawrence of Arabia

I had a low budget film company rent my 2 deuces for the day a few years ago. I told them $600.00 a truck with drivers. They said it would be a few hours. Ended up being 12 hours and not really worth all the aggravation.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My buddy tech rep'ed a local low budget film last year. They had two HUMMVs "loaned" from local police dept. In two days they broke the windshield on one unit and caved in a head light/cracked hood on the other. Took a week to get the parts and repair. May not be worth the aggravation.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just contacted by the vehicle wrangler for this event. He generously offered to pay transportation costs for the vehicle and nothing else. I politely declined.

ShearerLegal

GET A WRITTEN CONTRACT! I had some numbskull from California call me years ago about renting my M543A2 for the Saving Jessica Lynch movie. They kept asking if they could paint it. Call after call, the same thing. I told him they could paint it pink if they wanted, as long as they paid to repaint back to original. Everything was a go until I faxed them a contract. Never heard a peep from them after that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks