• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Moving 20 ft Conex containers

Humpy

I saw a 20 ft Conex container being delivered a few weeks back from a commercial deck over trailer and it as secured by the special locks (can't remember name of them) used on trucks, ships etc.

I have this idea that I need a dove tail trailer with 8X20 deck and dovetail on the back so I can move a Conex if I want to, my tractor, POVs etc

Problem is I can't find who makes the trailers the Conex dealers use to deliver them.

They weigh right at 5000 lbs empty so a 3/4 ton truck can move a 20 ft one easily.

Anybody got an info on these?

Humpy

Actually I am looking for locks and just got a response back from
http://www.chassisking.com/

and they have all kinds of locks.

I am looking for a drawing that shows hole locations in all four corners and X measurements to assure square holes.

I want a deck over to haul POVs, material etc and thought while I was at it get one set up on the 20 foot containers. They weigh just shy of 5000 lbs so a 3/4 ton truck could pull a trailer with a container on it.

I am thinking a drop in twist lock might be the way to go.

I just got back from town where the others were sitting and was going to talk to the crew there but the containers are gone and so is the crews.

I have spotted some cabins folks have made from them as well which might be a idea.

I talked to a place this morning but they did not have the specs so that got me kind of leary.

OK I just got a drawing from a commercial trailer manufacturer and it is a flat bed to haul one 40' or two 20 containers and the hole locations are

19' 2 1/2" X 89" +/- 1/16th" tolerance is the measurement on center for the ISO locks to secure the container.

Obviously the holes in the containers themselves would be a tad bigger.

They only make commercial trailers and had no idea who would make a deck over.

Well I found one manufacturer but way beyond my price range.

and only #$16,900.00 but sure is exotic.

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually I am looking for locks and just got a response back from
http://www.chassisking.com/

and they have all kinds of locks.

I am looking for a drawing that shows hole locations in all four corners and X measurements to assure square holes.

I want a deck over to haul POVs, material etc and thought while I was at it get one set up on the 20 foot containers. They weigh just shy of 5000 lbs so a 3/4 ton truck could pull a trailer with a container on it.

I am thinking a drop in twist lock might be the way to go.

I just got back from town where the others were sitting and was going to talk to the crew there but the containers are gone and so is the crews.

I have spotted some cabins folks have made from them as well which might be a idea.

I talked to a place this morning but they did not have the specs so that got me kind of leary.
sportsman guide had some a while ago listed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks